makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
And watching the game be patient and play serious like any tournament!

ederato

ederato

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I check my stack and the other players first. If my cards are a pair, even suit, or have a high card, tribet. Generally when making 3x it is usually withdrawn from the play by at least 3 players. If someone raises the bet or gives all in, I check how much my stack will be impacted. If I keep at least a good amount of BB, I pay the bet and I see the flop cards. If the cards are not good, I try to pass a bluff but if I raise the bet I usually fold.

S

Sergey Emliutin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Win in the freeroll is very difficult, because it involves many people. Also plays a lot of inexperienced players who act non-standard. The same luck in freeroll tournaments plays a big role.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Win in the freeroll is very difficult, because it involves many people. Also plays a lot of inexperienced players who act non-standard. The same luck in freeroll tournaments plays a big role.

I agree in parts, the luck factor sometimes influences freerolls and micro. But I am totally against the rationale that this type of tournament is very difficult to have "bad" players. Real hardcore tournament is the Sanday Millions and others with high buy in ... the rest is just keeping focus on the strategy and minimizing the variance.

G

GoroAdachi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
1. Play very tight in the early stages.
2. Avoid early all-in shows without very strong hands.
3. Do not try to bluff by playing against players you do not know
4. Become more aggressive, but still tight, in the middle stages.
5. Apply pressure to other players, approaching the bubble.

This great advice, I will apply it.:)

Nikka18

Nikka18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Three tips on winning/playing freerolls

Tip 1. Go all-in from any position if you're holding AA, KK, QQ or AK, even if someone has raised before you.
Tip 2. If you're sitting in middle or late position you should also go all-in with JJ or AQ, as long as no one has raised before you.
Tip 3. If you're holding smaller pairs from two sixes upwards in middle or late position you should raise from four (or more) big blinds, as long as there hasn't been a raise up till then.
Good Luck!!
Comment and tell me what you think.

M

matze197

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You've got to take your time or immediately go allin at the beginning and hope that your stack double up or more ...

haiiG

haiiG

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to survive early game, be patient in freeroll a lot of donkeys happens and I understand it's sooooo annoying, because it's FREE and they dont care too much. Mid-late game is much more fun, then better players survives then you can play normally. :)

T

titiduru

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is basic for any freeroll with over 200 people I accredited.
Do not throw too many hands, do not bluff a lot and be sure to extract maximum value when hitting a big hand.

Thank you so much for sharing your amazing system, now that I know the secrets I don't think I'll lose a freeroll ever again!

C

Cazador twd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
winning a freeroll is difficult even playing tight and waiting for good hands players play any hand and you win many times

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
winning a freeroll is difficult even playing tight and waiting for good hands players play any hand and you win many times

Do not see a freeroll as a difficult tournament. It is not to be so, technically it is the easiest of all. So what is lacking is study, focus and discipline.

U

UncleDolan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When there are a lot of players shoving at the same time (which means a huge pot) you could expect them to have blockers. In these situations a mid pocket pair or suited connectors have a very good value because its pretty likely that your opponents are holding aces and high kickers. This is good in this scenario because they are killing each others outs giving you the advantage. Even if they are holding pocket aces or kings they still probably dont have any outs left for anything better than a pair or two pair.

I think this play is good mid-late game when you might be on a rough path and the payout would be huge enough to easily pass you through the bubble. Its pretty much never worth to shove early game without a monster because the double up you might get from it will not really make a notice mid game. Simply not worth risking your tournament life for a few extra big blinds mid game.

Any opinions on this play? I would also like you to choose what sort of goal you are aiming at playing in the freeroll. Do you want to make it into the money with a high success rate or are you looking for a win, which has a low win rate?

The later style is more profitable in the long run and it is the one that my example follows. You have to find huge value hands to play that might include a risk.

I know youre talking about freerolls and every freeroll differs a lot in terms of bubble-place and speed, etc, which means that you should pick strategy depending on the table structure. Your overall tournament style should not be adapted from your freeroll style.

A2020

A2020

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

There are Freerolls and Freerolls, they not always big fields, for example the CardsChat Freerolls have small fields. Here is where, even talking about freerolls, the game strategy can change a lot.
There are also Homegames freerolls (Or equivalent private tournaments depending on the software)
Freerolls not always mean big fields.

steeler1970

steeler1970

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To win a free roll just go all in with the worst hand they all ways seem to win lol

A

adueno81

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its a lottery, i think. When it over 200 players, strategy is not important
I would say itt takes skill. 80% of tournament players cant make it past the first hour. then maybe after the first hour it becomes more like a lottery. especially if theres still donks at the table.

DannyWhite

DannyWhite

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to play tight at the beggining and watch out for donks...He can go all in with 83 or T5 off and He dont care that You can call with AK for him two random cards are like chance to double up and if they loose they sign in for another one...

Limping donks I think is very good...If you hit set or flush any strong configuration than you can wait till river come and (depends off your position) go all-in He probably call with one pair or even with A high cause He is thinking like ; BLUFF ; if you hit nothing just fold and wait till next opportunity

Last edited by a moderator:
Nikka18

Nikka18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Donks Donks Donks. They are like scavengers lol. You need to watch out for them carefully. Most of the time they go all in with not even a pair in their hands. They do this to scare you and make you fold.
Once you analyze them and there exact methods you can beat them.