Jdjakubisin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A short analysis of the "rebuy" factor.

Talk about your experiences with rebuy.

Just my thoughts...

1) Rebuy tourneys allow the player to soften the blow if he raises big to try to build a big stack at first. A lot of successful tournament players get a big passive aggressive stack going to start and float from there. Just my observation. Freezeout tourney players know I got something if Im aggressive at first.

2) Bovada doesn't do addons or rebuys, at least I haven't seen any playing $5-$10 scheduled multitables. The style of play there I think you will find much different. It seems to require more skill.

3) I look at rebuys the way I look at credit cards- they should only be used in emergencies.

A

Andrey Zubkov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not use rebuys. Because the chances for profit in the long run are deteriorating.

wlad20082009

wlad20082009

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
On the interesting question of course ! How many times have watched some players rebuy a lot of times . Sometimes even enjoyed these . I usually make one or two children myself . If the card does not go, what is the point to invest ?

Anjo

Anjo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I honestly do not like playing tournaments with rebuy.
It's a matter of taste, I prefer tournaments without this modality.
Lost everything, it is eliminated.
That simple!

Good game, everyone!

^A^njo

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I try not to use the rebuy option , only rarely , especially when I am on tilt , very rarely . But when I win and adding some more chips will increase my chances to win , then I do it , as well as the add on . Also when I haven't lost by my mistakes I might rebuy :) But if it was a very bad beat , I leave the table :)

iriska

iriska

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try not to resort to rebuys, I think it's unnecessarily wasted money

vapandrei

vapandrei

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like nor do I think Rs or As are fair.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
First of all, in my opinion it is important to see, what is the minimum payout of this tourney. I usually try to stay below this with my rebuys.
Second I would play it like a normal game and only would rebuy till or below the min payout when I have less than 20-25 blinds. So that I am always a bit comfortable with my moves and not have to push always.

The best of course is, when you can gain already chips by your play and then when there comes the addon, you can consider to add this depending on your stack.

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
more than all I use the repurchase when I play with very selective hands and in the early hours of the tournament because it is difficult to start flying again afterwards
:playingba

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not like playing tournaments with rebuy...
many madly play in them...
for me they are a minus...
:rock:

G

guitaRisGood

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only enter a rebuy if i'm willing to pay (eh hem...lose) what it costs for the maximum # rebuys and addon. if it's unlimited rebuys set a max AND STICK TO IT!

F

fastjob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just my thoughts...

1) Rebuy tourneys allow the player to soften the blow if he raises big to try to build a big stack at first. A lot of successful tournament players get a big passive aggressive stack going to start and float from there. Just my observation. Freezeout tourney players know I got something if Im aggressive at first.

2) Bovada doesn't do addons or rebuys, at least I haven't seen any playing $5-$10 scheduled multitables. The style of play there I think you will find much different. It seems to require more skill.

3) I look at rebuys the way I look at credit cards- they should only be used in emergencies.

Perfect, I'll try the bovada.Thank you

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use the rebuy as a way to double up. if I fail I can rebuy. once I double..i play a pretty tight agressive game

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rarely do I rebuy. It never seems to pan out if i do.

P

pecam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Talk about your experiences with rebuy.

it is a good think because you have more chance to win the tourney but we have to make attention not to rebuy with less of 25 BB

G

guitaRisGood

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rebuys really crank up the prize pool and that pool is shared with fewer players than a freezout. Problem is that every time you rebuy you have to get deeper into the money just to break even. I don't play them often but when i do i plan zero rebuys. If i can stay alive during the all in insanity, or catch a lucky break, i can often make it to the money.