Chips
Talk about your experiences with rebuy.

AcooltartA

AcooltartA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think rebuy tourneys have their merit but I feel like people go crazy with rebuys at times. I can't tell you how many times I've seen people do multiple rebuys to the point where they literally have to cash top 3 in the tourney to break even. Definitely makes me wonder at times...

F

fastjob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think rebuy tourneys have their merit but I feel like people go crazy with rebuys at times. I can't tell you how many times I've seen people do multiple rebuys to the point where they literally have to cash top 3 in the tourney to break even. Definitely makes me wonder at times...

really depends on the moment n taste but sometimes i resort to rebuy. thanks for link

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When playing a re-buy you should plan on buying back in as many chances as you can. Then adding on as much as you can. If you're not committed to this structure, stay with a freeze out.

P

PokerWahoo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Addons are always worth it. I don't really think rebuys are worth it because chances are you are not in a good mindset right after busting the tourney the first/second/x time

S

Spripe

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depending on the type of rebuy. Like pokerstars splash tournies you are likely to rebuy 5 times or more but the min cash is usually quite high. In a regular speed rebuy I'd play it like a regular freeze out and if I bust out then rebuy if the starting stack is deep enough. As for the add on, ill do it pretty much everytime unless I have a massive stack and it won't really make a difference

H

havealittlefaith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rebuying is great for early stage bustouts where you still have a chance to build a stack. If you rebuy with like 3 blinds then you have to double up multiple times just to get to average stack and it's just not profitable in the long run. So I'd say only rebuy with a certain number of blinds behind.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried to play this discipline, but for me it is a minus...

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
If you go into a rebuy tournament, you need to be prepared to rebuy. After all, everyone else will be doing it, and if you’re short-stacked you’ll have a hard time. If you get twice as many chips for your money in an add-on, you might want to skip the rebuys, play carefully to make your chips last, and wait... :)

Dmytro Lysyuk

Dmytro Lysyuk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Previously, I sometimes played these tournaments, but I did not like it, because they are too long and not at all convenient for the game personally for me.

Z

Zhud

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you resort to a rebuy, then no more than 1 time. and apply it in the event that there was a difficult choice between all-in or all-in call

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not like rebuy tournaments and I try not to play in them. This is the usual cunning site. Make more money on the players. Secondly, do not do these rebuys because your entry into the tournament then becomes more expensive and not profitable.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I very rarely play in rebuy tournaments, if I play in a tournament with a good prize pool and with rebuys then I try to play carefully and I do only when I fly out of the tournament and when there are a small number of players up to the prize zone I do not really like tournaments with rebuys!

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello

I prefer to play freeze out tournaments to re-buy tournaments. It seems like you get to much all-in pre-flop BS in re-buy tournaments. I will play them but usually don't re-buy in them.

F

fastjob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depending on the type of rebuy. Like pokerstars splash tournies you are likely to rebuy 5 times or more but the min cash is usually quite high. In a regular speed rebuy I'd play it like a regular freeze out and if I bust out then rebuy if the starting stack is deep enough. As for the add on, ill do it pretty much everytime unless I have a massive stack and it won't really make a difference

my concern is not to reach the prize to make up the rebuys. I have opted for more rebuys at the initial blinds on a bed beat. Thank you

F

fastjob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you go into a rebuy tournament, you need to be prepared to rebuy. After all, everyone else will be doing it, and if you’re short-stacked you’ll have a hard time. If you get twice as many chips for your money in an add-on, you might want to skip the rebuys, play carefully to make your chips last, and wait... :)

I agree with you if there are people getting results with rebuys by tabem in the making. thank you.

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I've played rebuy tournaments, but personally I do not like to rebuy, if they eliminate me I just close the table, there are players who abuse the rebuy and play crazy, if 10 times they take away the chips 10 times they do rebuy

S

Spripe

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my concern is not to reach the prize to make up the rebuys. I have opted for more rebuys at the initial blinds on a bed beat. Thank you

Also want to add to treat these as bigger buy ins than they are. For example if you are rolled to play $11 mtts you wouldn't want to play a $5 rebuy, you should consider them about 5x the amount. So a $5 is more like a $25

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i see some people dubble rebuy like 10 times when the min-cash isn't even half that i rarely do a rebuy or add-on depends on my stack size and how many players are left in the tournament :) if i have lets say 50bbs and the add-on is 3$ for 10k more chips ans the min cash is 25$ than i would always try the add-on :)

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I do not usually do rebuys, for me it does not make sense, of course I always think big, to win the tournament and that kind of thing, unfortunately many times the goal is not achieved and only a bit of the prize is won but if it invests in the entry and in the rebuy and you can not win a prize higher than the investment, so for me it does not make sense

Jdjakubisin

Jdjakubisin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Talk about your experiences with rebuy.

I don't mind when people keep throwing money in the pool like that.

Spot the people who use it as an excuse to play loose at first. Low stacks taking big hits to start often just want to hit the felt so they can rebuy.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
how not to rebuy...

if early in tourney, at say 20 cents for 3500 chips, rb makes sense if u don't mind cost. One, it allows you to be super aggressive, knowing you have the rebuy to fall back on.
If later in tourney if rebuy costs more, risk/reward might not work.
For example, you are in deep enough to be at $250/$500 blinds the stack to go forward is higher. A little further in tourney, if you go broke or add on the few thousand chips you
bought will last only a few hands, if you don't wi double or triple up.

For me, i'd do rebuy super early and if close toITM, an addon may make sense if your "feeling" is that you'll catch a few and double and get ITM

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
There are special events on CC featuring rebuys that make good sense, the Black Chip OSS tonight, for example.

P

prizzy711

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It does add to the prize pool.. I notice I try not to use the rebuy, and therefore probably miss some value in the long run. I have a hard time being aggressive planning on rebuying.

F

fastjob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if early in tourney, at say 20 cents for 3500 chips, rb makes sense if u don't mind cost. One, it allows you to be super aggressive, knowing you have the rebuy to fall back on.
If later in tourney if rebuy costs more, risk/reward might not work.
For example, you are in deep enough to be at $250/$500 blinds the stack to go forward is higher. A little further in tourney, if you go broke or add on the few thousand chips you
bought will last only a few hands, if you don't wi double or triple up.

For me, i'd do rebuy super early and if close toITM, an addon may make sense if your "feeling" is that you'll catch a few and double and get ITM

It's a good strategy. Thank you