How to track tournament profit and loss?

P

PPT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been playing on 888 and I've played quite a few tournaments now. I've deposited $300 and have a BR of over $500 plus a $109 ticket for tomorrow.

I've mainly been playing Satellites, then sometimes full tournaments with Satellite tickets I've won. I would like to analyse my success and failures on these but I'm struggling to see how to. Also not sure where rebuys etc are accounted for.

I have the Hand2Note software installed and that shows me making a loss of about $600 as it seems to take the entry fees into account but not track the winnings.

Any ideas how best to get started with this? Playing on 888 if it makes a difference.

B

bla1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Notebook. Or just current BR - deposit.

Last edited:
M

Meroveus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You could use a spreadsheet.
There are free ones available — look online for "open office" or "libre office"
Both are free and open-source.

You could also use Google sheets.

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pokertracker 4 gives you all you need. you can download a trial

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sharkscope will show you current results and a history graph, but you have to pay for complete long term progress, you have to opt in first before they track you.

razarach_xD

razarach_xD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sharkscope, poker managers, poker trackers , so many programs that I ask myself a question: how much is a person and how much is software playing ? Any ratio ?

razarach_xD

razarach_xD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been playing on 888 and I've played quite a few tournaments now. I've deposited $300 and have a BR of over $500 plus a $109 ticket for tomorrow.

I've mainly been playing Satellites, then sometimes full tournaments with Satellite tickets I've won. I would like to analyse my success and failures on these but I'm struggling to see how to. Also not sure where rebuys etc are accounted for.

I have the Hand2Note software installed and that shows me making a loss of about $600 as it seems to take the entry fees into account but not track the winnings.

Any ideas how best to get started with this? Playing on 888 if it makes a difference.
Maybe you can send e-mail to 888 help about your cash balance in last 2 months ? I mean, they'll give you....

Edgerik

Edgerik

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I personally use Poker Tracker 4 to keep my stats and winnings, but I can't tell you if it works in 888 because I don't play in that room.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
By eye. Why complicate everything? Winning means everything is fine. If it doesn't work out, then everything is bad. Why is there a program for this?

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Good luck in the main event tomorrow PPT poker prolabs gives a vague idea how are doing good for a few free searches a day if you are not opted into sharkscope.
But many stats are missing or incorrect sometimes tournaments and freeroll cashes not recorded for example.
Rakeback rewards and free tickets not calculated either and due to this not being counted most players would have way more dollars in their pocket than the tracker says to be honest.
Agree with franken222 a spreadsheet is the way to do it properly.

Last edited:
franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use a spreadsheet from Apache Open Office. (It's free).

I do a monthly spreadsheet, with the date down the lift side....Each poker site along the top, with a total, for each day, for the sites.. Then, after that total, I have an accumulator total, that shows my total for "all-time".

At the bottom of the date column, I have a total, that shows me the total + or - for each site.

After the month, I print that, then carry forward the totals on a new sheet for the next month.

Hope this helps.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can look at sharkscope, you can get a hud, or use something like excel.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I have too a spreadsheet like franken222 with the following columns:

date/...sites.../total bankroll/profit or loss of each session and in the end of each month the totals and again the yearly total. It wasn't difficult to use some formulas for the sums and the +/- for each session with colours(green for winning days and red for losing days). I don't play daily so some days I copy/paste my bankrolls etc. You can do that in a weekly basis if this is too detailed for you.

I have a PT4 but I want the grand total of my bankroll because I play in more than one poker sites.

razarach_xD

razarach_xD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
GGpoker stats and graphs

Hello there,
Here's some fresh news. I played on GGpoker yesterday and I could click on myself and opponents and I could see how much (me or they) earned from tournaments in some period of time. There was also a chart with how many C-bets opponent did, preflop called and some other.
Check it out !
P.s. if someone can tell me the what 4 circles graphs are exactly I would appreciate it.
Stay healthy

Last edited:
Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
To keep statistics and track my results, I just use excel. I enter data every day, and so I always have statistics that are true. It may be a fairly conservative approach, but it works.

R

Ron112355

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have PT4 setup to track my PNL on Stars 888 and ACR, I could import from other sites as well but is too much bother and so just manually track the rest in Google Sheets.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There's many Apps that can do that sharkscope, poker tracker 4 would be pretty much the best ones

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To analyze your game, use Holdem Manager 2 or 3. It will show how profitable you are.