How to tackle the Sunday Million?

C

CapdeCraniu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
~ 1k players, 6 hours and 9 minutes of math, psychology, discipline and endurance.

Yesterday evening I've managed to become a "national champion" for a day, after winning the Romania Sunday Tournaments Freeroll on pokerstars, therefore winning a $109 worth ticket to the Sunday Million Tournament.

This is my best achievement so far.

Now I'm preparing for the big tournament on Sunday and I would like to ask your help in terms of tips and tricks in order to prove myself a worthy challenge against probably the best online players in the world.

How would you tackle such tournament as an underdog?

All the advice is highly welcomed and appreciated.

Cheers!

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The main thing is to be patient, make a game plan before the start of the tournament, play tight-aggressive, watch your opponents' actions.

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congratulations on your win!!

But I would say if you normally don't play at that level then I would try to find a way out of playing that tourn. I'm not up to date on Pstar policies but can you get the cash for the ticket or something like tourn dollars to play lesser buyin tourns? I don't know.

If you just want to the experience of playing in that tournament then just play the best you can and enjoy yourself. I wouldn't do anything different then you would normally do. Do things you're familiar with instead trying something you're not familiar with just because you're playing something different is all I would advise.

And if this tourn is a big deal or you're excited or it might make feel nervous playing in it then again, that's another reason why I would look NOT to play it.

Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Be well rested, before the event begin, and maybe prepare some snacks and drinks in advance. Other than that I dont think, it makes much sense to do anything other than play your normal game. Its still poker, and in a tournament this big with 10.000+ participants, not everyone is going to be a top level crusher. There are going to be some recreational players as well, who either have enough money to just put down the 109$, or who have satellited in like yourself. If a min-cash is important to you or your bankroll, and you make it to near the bubble, maybe give up on some marginal spots and try to make it in the money. There is no such thing as "the long run" in a tournament, which at least for now, you are only going to play once.

fedkov

fedkov

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
How was the Sunday Million? Successfully?