How to survive in a multi table tourney?

N

newmania20000

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Play strong and aggressive during early rounds. Play 20% or less of hands. Most important thing to remember is patience though. Goal is to survive.

P

pdkash

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my biggest problem is after the first break. I tend to make it past the break with at least the average many times above it but after the break my hands just dessert me
and i stall out....any advice

Devilpoker78

Devilpoker78

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If youre not getting good hands, try calling into cheap flops with marginal hands in late positions, and when you do hit, be aggresive. Or you can be patient and wait for better hands. Sometimes it will happen then u get very little or almost no good hands in a tourney, in such a case its tough luck, you have to improvise, read your opponents, call with the best of your bad hands, u cant rely on luck all the time. In such cases your skill will be put to the test. Remember anyone can win with good hands, it takes a good player to win without one.

J

johnpoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in free rolls in beginning alot of people will call down almost anything my experience play tight in beginning then i lossen up towards the end cuz near the end is mostly decent players

(johnboy)

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1- Be patient - let the "All-iners" bust them selves out, or build up massive chip stacks. You only need to win 3 or 4 hands an hour, so don't go chasing pots.

2- Don't be intimidated - The early chip leaders are where they are because they've been lucky. Class will tell when you come down to the last 50 or so people.

3- Concentrate - It's going to take a while and one mistake might blow it, so keep concentrating (not easy).

4- Don't panic - if u do lose a big pot. Can quickly get it back on the right hand, so wait for the right moment.

5- Be lucky - You'll need a bit!

6- Don't overdo bully tactics - if in the lead, cos someone will make u pay eventually.

7 and finally - make sure you want to win it - a 1000+ tournet will take over 4 hours, so make sure you'll still be awake / available then, and make sure prize is worth effort.

Bulldogmama

Bulldogmama

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot of good tips here, thanks everyone for posting for us newbies.:drunken_s

K

Kanufi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
robwhufc said:
1- Be patient - let the "All-iners" bust them selves out, or build up massive chip stacks. You only need to win 3 or 4 hands an hour, so don't go chasing pots.

2- Don't be intimidated - The early chip leaders are where they are because they've been lucky. Class will tell when you come down to the last 50 or so people.

3- Concentrate - It's going to take a while and one mistake might blow it, so keep concentrating (not easy).

4- Don't panic - if u do lose a big pot. Can quickly get it back on the right hand, so wait for the right moment.

5- Be lucky - You'll need a bit!

6- Don't overdo bully tactics - if in the lead, cos someone will make u pay eventually.

7 and finally - make sure you want to win it - a 1000+ tournet will take over 4 hours, so make sure you'll still be awake / available then, and make sure prize is worth effort.
Great post. All points should be remembered when playing. Wish I could influence #5 in some way. :rolleyes:

P

pauloandre100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play range vs range. Many players have unbalanced range

Betmakers

Betmakers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, everything is standard.
Do not play in the early stages of the wrong hands, looking at the actions of his opponents. Do not go all-in on the unfinished combinations. An exception can only make a flush. With varying your playing style over time. Do not forget to steal the blinds.

Betmakers

Betmakers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And if you are from the beginning think about just to survive, you do not win the tournament.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi

It always seems that no matter how far I get in a tournament it will come down to how well you are at flips.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It depends from the kind of tournament, but the most important is that it depends from you and your skill`s evolution. Be patient and carefull!