How to Survive Early in Freerolls

U

UrsinusMaximus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I have succeeded in winning ACR freerolls, it is because a certain amount of luck happened to come my way, winning the hand in several 60-40 and flip situations.
Of course, in different situations, it is frustrating when an opponent hits their 3 outer on the river, but if you play enough of the freerolls, the luck will have to be on your side eventually :)

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always try at the beginning of the tournament to play very carefully enter the pot only with good hands.

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In an early stage a standard reyz you will not manage to reduce the number of opponents in bank. Even with aces to you it will be very uncomfortable if, besides you, flop watch 4 more players. Therefore with the strong starting hands you have to go oll-in on a preflopa at once. Preflop In whatever position you were, at once go oll-in with couples of aces, kings, ladies and an ace the king even if before you it was made raise. In average and late positions add to the range of an immediate oll-in to steam of jacks and an ace the lady if before you there were no reyz yet. Further with pocket couples, since a shestyorok, in average and late positions you have to do raise approximately on 4 big blaynd (is possible more) if before you there were no reyz yet. In a late position you can look flop with speculative hands if the bank which is not raised. It means what can be limpit (to pay only 1 big blind) with 55, 44, 33, 22, one-colored aces and with so-called one-colored connectors, average and senior. These are the one-colored cards which are nearby with each other on value, for example, 76 or QJ. Postflop After a flop everything rests against the one and only question: do you have something? If is not present, then you are dumped on any rate. With two couples and stronger combinations you go oll-in. With flash-dro or bilateral streyt-dro (OESD) you go oll-in when several opponents before you already continued to invest counters in bank. With so-called top couple, couple consisting of one of your starting cards and the most senior card of a Bordeaux you go oll-in only when you have at most 2 opponents. In other cases be very careful with this combination.

V

vic75

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was playing a small free roll on william hill last night and one donk was on fire beating 88 and A10 with Q3 cracking AA twice with weak hands AJ Allin a call with 82 and winning with free rolls and micro stakes it's all in lotto poker.

U

ucdengboss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Early on wait for premium cards. AK and sometimes AQ plus 99+. There are times where there will be 2-3 all ins in front of you and you must call with JJ+ and AK. There are so many time when I have called 2 all ins with AK only to find I am ahead of hands like KJ and A6. It not that bad when you can triple up and they only have 6 outs. I really hope for a lot of action in front of me when I hold AA and KK. These are just sooooo strong and key to a deep run on a big all in fest early in a freeroll.

S

Sorin Iliescu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
starting freerolls

in the early stage of a freeroll, i suggest playing tight, calling all ins with hands 99+ and AJ+ ; If they go all in first, you can tighten this range, too. many people will say that in the early stage of the freeroll you should go all in and double or triple up, but i think this can also be done in middle stages of the tournament. you just have to play strong, it is weak play to risk all your chips with a hand like 45 off. If you want to go far in a freeroll, this is the way to play.
Of course, if are a strong player, play a lot of freerolls, don't care about your success score, want to increase your chances by playing a bigstack in the middle phase and have no patience you can try going all in with Ax+ hands.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Beginners, seeing in their hands the coveted high pair, immediately put all-in, collect another 2-3 same "catcher luck," and then surprised sets, straights and flushes, knocked them out in the first minutes of the game.

I'm in freerolls in the early stages, fold, even a strong hand, getting all-inn. So I survive.

Anatoliy73

Anatoliy73

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try at the beginning of the tournament there's no risk involved, come into play only with a very good map.

Mil777

Mil777

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi
I usually try to play for 1 hour on a map, usually when kogdla comes nats, he pays for it.
Before ITM, I start to type chips, usually in a freeroll, many want to get into money to get at least some money, I'm playing for TOP 3, so I have to play aggressively

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok here is the manual that has worked 4 me:
1.(optional step) pray
2. play the poker of 2006 not fancy (I will make a TP fold here beacuse his ranges from CO is weaker and my UTG ranges) plays. Strong hands = Strong bets with no balancing at all, people do not give a decimal of a care about your 2.2bb with no ante and 2.4 with ante bets. you can 6bb raise AA and still get calls.
3. dont get involvde in multiway pots for more thatn 1-2bbs. NEVER you are melting stack. If you can not 3bt this hand most likely you should fold.
4. wait. just take a breather watch kardashians, play tetris, learn swahili. let the tide wash away every1 getting 3 stacks in the first 15 levels of blinds is not as importaint as getting 5bbs near the bubble
5. (unoptional most importain step) dont get angry with your self if you did not cahs for 1k. Freerolls due to blind struckture and amouts of players (atleast usually) are luck-roll, so you can not hope for good ROI, what you can do is learn for free(as after all you can "feel" the money) how your Aqo palys in 3 way pot and should you fold K7s on BB vs MP open.

T

Turnovgrad

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok here is the manual that has worked 4 me:
1.(optional step) pray
2. play the poker of 2006 not fancy (I will make a TP fold here beacuse his ranges from CO is weaker and my UTG ranges) plays. Strong hands = Strong bets with no balancing at all, people do not give a decimal of a care about your 2.2bb with no ante and 2.4 with ante bets. you can 6bb raise AA and still get calls.
3. dont get involvde in multiway pots for more thatn 1-2bbs. NEVER you are melting stack. If you can not 3bt this hand most likely you should fold.
4. wait. just take a breather watch kardashians, play tetris, learn swahili. let the tide wash away every1 getting 3 stacks in the first 15 levels of blinds is not as importaint as getting 5bbs near the bubble
5. (unoptional most importain step) dont get angry with your self if you did not cahs for 1k. Freerolls due to blind struckture and amouts of players (atleast usually) are luck-roll, so you can not hope for good ROI, what you can do is learn for free(as after all you can "feel" the money) how your Aqo palys in 3 way pot and should you fold K7s on BB vs MP open.
I like that first step :D :D

Q

Quads2017

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Surviving early stages of freerolls is the most difficult part of poker. Reading all the posts the balance is between agressive and tight, all-in and fold, so what should you do?

I have played many free rolls and most of them I have not survived the first hour.

The following I have learned though:
1) NEVER play the big stack thinking he is only bullying you because usually they have a better hand
2) NEVER go all in on a draw because it is very rarely completed
3) NEVER raise pre-flop against the big stack because a bigger pot suits him better post-flop than me when the flop is not spot on

What I WILL be trying to do in the next free rolls is:
1) Play the small stacks and put them under pressure
2) Play big pairs all in before the flop and small pairs limping to flop a set and bet or fold
3) Limp with suited connectors and keep the pot small until the street or flush is completed and bet or fold when before the bets are more than 10% of my stack

Let's see what the future brings!:captain:

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience and play only with good hands until all the riff raff is eliminated.

P

paulsmall007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
watch half the people go all in, just trying to double up and not even play if they dont take a chip lead

V

vic75

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its all luck with freerolls with donk calls Allin with 47 vs KK and hit a straight on the river or a five player preflop Allin with premium hands and 97 off suit weak flush wins. Anything is possible lol you can try registering at the last minute but start with a small stack.

Andrei Nesterenko1

Andrei Nesterenko1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play only with a premium hand, it's AK, AQ, and AA, KK, QQ

H

Hellokeko

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Early on in freerolls I usually try to stack other weaker players with solid hands. Because the lesser players bet with weak hands and that's when stacking up happens so in truth 1000 players from most freerolls go out in the 1st hour so easy picking lol

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
basically and play tight at the start of tournaments because you have many blinds

Freeroll Passwords