How to reprogram the brain after a big hit?

R

RoadWarriorKR

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you win big, sign off and enjoy it. Sometimes it comes in bunches but most of time it don't.

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sit out on 3,4 min,go for some drink,go in toilet.
:D

V

VanEkeren

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just take a break from it all :) Make yourself a sandwich, watch a series...
Then rejoin the tables with a fresh mind!

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
punching bag is a great solution
it helps a lot, with other issues to
:)

K

Kilasmoke666

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Faster go to street and runing 100 meters , or smoke

W

winslowlee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always tell myself that I'm not entitled to win any pot or game and that losses happen. Then I reconfirm to myself that I'm playing a strategy that requires me to play exactly how I did and that, that strategy pays dividends if I play it strictly, and that usually re-motivates me to find those exact spots again, in which I just took losses on.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's nothing complicated about it. At first I was winning some money in a MTT, and losing it into a cash.

Over time, I improved my game and i come back into cash in search of easy profits. And the last time I left there 2/3 of my bankroll, I realized that this is no good. All of my training took place at MTT and in the cash i was a fish.

Since (2.5 months ago), I didn`t allow myself to play in the cash. And now my affairs are going well.

My advice - just be disciplined.

S

SNOOPIDAO

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Viera 56 I think there are minds capable of playing several tournaments simultaneously and consecutive hhoras I ever get tired soon and start to think more error

Railbird

Railbird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's happened to me. Blown money. The best advice I would give myself is Don't Play for a while. Stay away, enjoy, shrink my stake down to a normal reasonable level. Then return moving up on "level" of buyin.
:deal:

Great advice here. I was going to post but this pretty much sums it up.

B

besece

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You'll never do good on a second or third tournament after you've played 8 or 9 hours in your first one. It's like running the 100m dash. You'll never get a better time the second run.

If you get bad beat in a tournament and are still in it try changing your mentality to "I got no more chips, so I'll have to wait for a premium to shove, not play anything else". That could save you from playing garbage hands.

C

Cloud2218

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to keep rules for myself. Like a min/max bankroll. How often I can withdraw, ect. So A big win might break some of my rules so I won't let myself play again until those rules are resolved.

Also, I'll play super cheap games after a nice win to see if I notice any problems from being to confident, or too lose, or w/e. If I can't play a cheap game seriously then I shouldn't be playing at all.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bank Roll Management is the answer.
In practice you need to lose the euphoric wining state before putting any money at risk.