How to play on the bubble.

Boltun

Boltun

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you need to play very carefully because of hasty action can be very silly to finish the tournament

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to survive without letting the opportunities pass. After going through it must be extremely aggressive.

T

Tomioto3095

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it would depends the size of your stack. If you are big in the tournament, i think you have to pressure the other players, but, if you are short, you have to wait for the bet spot to collect chips or wait the bublle explode.

S

Samuel Kollapso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the situation of the table, how many bbs you have, if you have more tighten the middle ones, they will not want to fall before the ones that have less, if you have less wait hands that connect and shove us in the middle, put them in complicated situations. If you're the middle one, focus on the underneath and with premium hands ...

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in theory, the bubble is very simple, if at your table you have a stack higher than the last from your twice or more you can play an aggressive game given that you will be calling top range, if you're short, you can sit out and painless to enter itm.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When playing on the bubble - need to assess the situation at the table and the size of your stack.
1. If the stack is large - it is necessary to often show aggression, steal the blinds.
2. With an average stack - play quiet and tight game.
3. With a short stack - play carefully. In most cases, have to play push / fold.

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play pretty tight on the bubble. But right after the bubble I play pretty loose, cause some players go all-in with 27o after the bubble, cause they're so happy they are ITM.

Fahrenheit451

Fahrenheit451

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on what you want
1) if you want to get ITM - play passive
2) if you want to get pot - play aggressive

Boltun

Boltun

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you want to get in the money in tournaments you just need to play tight on the bubble

ElectroValer

ElectroValer

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the stack is very small, beat the beam. The average stack to play only against short, with large stacks not to play, and with a larger ray attack more distributive.

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ответ

Thank you all so much useful information that we will undertake in the development of my bankroll.

Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on stack... If i am middle/high i go for chips even at cost of going out because if i have good stack after i have a chance for FT, and there real money is... If i am short i go for mincash since i would have to have a lot of luck to get myself up...

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
A large stack. The middle stack. A small stack.

A large stack.
If you have a large stack, it makes sense to be aggressive, stealing the blinds and forcing opponents to fold on a dangerous flop. This technique works great if you are a chip leader at your desk, and your opponents have short stacks and they play very tight. Almost always on your bet, these players will fold, because they really want to get into the prizes, they are unlikely to call your raise with anything.
The middle stack.
If the stack is comfortable, you need to switch to a calm and tight game. It will be very insulting to lose on the bubble with a pair of JJ against QQ or AK.
A small stack.
If you have a small stack, your game should be as tight as possible, do not allow yourself to spend a single chip in vain. Remember that each hand draws you closer to the prize places. Sometimes, even the hand of JJ or AK makes sense to throw in the pass, if you see that the neighbor at the table the next blind will eat the whole stack.
I think that you need to suffer on the bubble and get into prizes, and when you get into prizes, you need to play the way the stack allows you.

deform fedot

deform fedot

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here it is important where you want to get in if you are in the top ten of the prize, then you need a fairly large stack, but in order to get it you need not have a lot of effort put on the attentive and risky steps.
* On the other hand, be quieter than water and below the grass, so you will also achieve no bad results

T

tonydosreis

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
when i have 10-15 bbs I like to play a little tighter. But if i have 50 bbs i play aggressive because sometimes i had precious chips that will help win the tournament.

but is very important you observe what stack your oponnents, because even with many chips you can be explorate

Last edited by a moderator: