almir nicolau

almir nicolau

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Generally, as the years go by, people are studying a lot of GTO on top of FT's ICM, which is why it is very important to respect the ICM, for these reasons, if you want to play aggressively, try to explore the ICM on top of the stacks that are under pressure (stacks averages) that due to the icm factor you will have success playing aggressively against these stacks.
tip calm your heart in micros because people make a lot of mistakes let them get bogged down you will earn more money with each elimination.

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The best scenario is when your stack eliminates the intermediate stacks, due to the fact that they are pressured by the ICM, so in this scenario you will be able to explore a lot by playing aggressively since you will have a very large fold equity.

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
How play agresivve ? in the final table
If you think that aggressive play gives you a big advantage, then you are wrong. To play effectively, to play aggressively requires skill, experience and discipline, without these components any aggressive game becomes a game of bingo.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
If you think that aggressive play gives you a big advantage, then you are wrong. To play effectively, to play aggressively requires skill, experience and discipline, without these components any aggressive game becomes a game of bingo.
Last time i were in FT i used both aggressiveness aswell as (ultimate) timewasting - since i ended up third guess it was more than worth it ... :unsure:

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
If you have reached the final table, the only chance is to play aggressively because there the blinds are definitely big and you have nothing to wait for....

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
many times it is not necessary to play aggressively at a final table, and I think it will depend on several factors such as your stack, how the other players are playing, but many times it is not necessary to play aggressively just because you have more chips than the rest, sometimes it will be Patient is better and if you want to play aggressive you must be aware of what you do, not be aggressive for the sake of being aggressive, I think you must play with logic

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you are chipsleader you can play aggressively and put people with smaller stacks in trouble, but don't go overboard, because the opponents know you are going to do it and they are going to pay you many times.

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From what most have said they agree with Aggressiveness at the FT, however, a more applicable term would be 'Bullying'. which for some may be effective but it is not really what the game is about...really using your larger stack to push other players around?? where is the poker playing in that?

Gavincwb

Gavincwb

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Always look for players with smaller stacks, who are already under pressure from the icm. and which has low vpip. Players who make speculative calls you try to avoid and playing out of position is not a good choice.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
you need to play aggressively when you have short stacks, you play aggressively because everyone will clamp down the final table to get a higher prize so if you have a lot of chips, play aggressively and everything is easy if you have a small stack of chips, then play aggressively too and you will see a lot of people throw even strong cards when you have a medium stack, it's best to wait for a strong hand

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You received numerous responses, which is great to read each one, make a summary and use it to your advantage, but an important point, be patient and be aggressive with premium hands, follow each participant, do an analysis, wait for your position in the table

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
First of all, you need to understand that an aggressive game and a game with junk are completely different games :)
At the final table, your strategy should primarily take into account the style of play of your opponents. Aggressiveness will not always be the best option. Sometimes your patience can get you a much better result. But in general, do not forget, your luck is also a very important factor, and the outcome of the game will depend directly on it.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
There are different types of aggression when it comes to playing Poker either in the Early stages or on the Final Table, and especially Heads up! I finished heads up against a Female player in a game and was the chip leader at the beginning, but after about 10 minutes I noticed her stack was growing and mine of course was going South.
After thinking about the situation I realised I was being too much of a Gentleman and letting her see flops for free by just calling on her BB, and she was getting lucky hitting the flop and taking my stack away, I made a remark that I was playing this all wrong and she asked me "What do you mean?" I Raised 2X on her BB and said "This" She instantly folded and I managed to beat her.
Treating her as a Woman and being the Gentleman I am, I was letting her win, without realising what I was doing, Once I had Identified the problem I managed to bully her out of pots and took the Tournament, I started treating her as I would any other Male player and came out fighting.
BUT! You do need to be aware of how the other player sees You as an opponent, too tight and they will walk all over you, too aggressive and they will think you are a bully, and fight back, It's at that point when you get them all-in with you holding the monster hand, and it's good night from them.
Playing Tight in Early stages of a Tournament gives you important information on the other players at the table, Who are the Aggressive players and who you can bully, without that information, you can make the mistake of bullying the wrong player and get busted. But if you can be patient and wait for the right spots you can take the bullies out of the game and gain chips.
Poker is much more than a simple game of Cards, It takes patience and skill to outplay your opponents and eventually Win!

kaynbergo

kaynbergo

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't see the point in playing aggressively, on the contrary, I like it when there are aggressive players at the table, you catch a strong hand, hit the flop, and you just slow down the aggressor and he gives you everything his chips)

M

Macaroon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think there's a misunderstanding in this thread about what aggressiveness is. It would be pressurising your opponents more than normal, which means that you would be taking more risks than normal, and betting big with hands that you would not bet big with earlier in the tournament. That is not really a rewarding tactic unless you are lucky.

Generally it's agreed that late in the tournament (unless you are short-stacked and desperate) you should certainly be playing your better hands more aggressively - not all of them!

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi
You can play aggressively using your position. In addition, you need to consider the size of your stack, the size of your opponents' stack and of course your pocket cards and their potential.
Good luck :)

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a lot depends, but how aggressively the opponents play and how big the difference is in the prizes, in any case, if the stack and opponents allow, you should play aggressively