How to play against random players

P

pecam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,

I've been struggling against random players recently. I mean all their plays are so inconsistent that I don't know how to play against. For example a guy played a really bad hand (3-5o at UTG) and I had AKo the flop was 3 - 5 - A and he goes all in -> I follow and he wins with double pair. This is quite frustating but I don't know what I am supposed to do when I face that kind of players. This happen to me everyday I guess this is a lack of experience that's why if you get some tips for me, that would be really nice.

Thanks in advance.
if you play against this type of person, understand that the luck is with you and that it s better to play against him then against a good player because you will ahave more possibilities to win the tournament

S

Sorin Iliescu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need sample size against this type of players. If not, you should play gto style but this is quite complex, i don't know very well.what it stands for;

N

nathan66

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok thanks you all for your answers that was really helpful !

gardin555

gardin555

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Almost always you will play against calling station or random player like u said, even more frequent in freerolls or low levels, but you can have cushion.
For example, you said you had AK against any card of the opponent, if you have a good preflop hand then you must defend it raising or shoving against this kind of player, that will make him fold, do not let than he can see the flop cheap, because he could make the better hand .
I think that you must know the opponent well, see in what stage of tournament you are to take a risk, and other variants that will make you decide whether to call his allin.