Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It probably depends on how much the CO raised. If he only raised to pot the pot would currently be standing at about 222 But, I would definitely raise at least to 750-1.2k. I don't want to push everyone out of the pot by over raising. I want to actually win a big pot with pocket rockets.

It's a 1500chip starting stack tournament... if you raise to 1.2k, you're leaving yourself with a flop bet of ~1/8th pot??

Noticed some others mentioning, "Just re-raise the raise to another 2.5-3x their bet, as a shove will look too strong and could get them to laydown their hands." I disagree (especially if this is something like the MidMadness tournament)..... when shoving allin here (so early on) and with so many donkeys in these in early levels.. the overbet/shove will often get looked up by weaker hands (could easily look like a AK, AQs squeeze). Keeping in mind that alot of the players will use their own thinking/style of play as a benchmark for other's..... and will also be aware of many who will get it in light in early levels.

ethon

ethon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All in. Fist pump. Win.

You want to isolate as much as possible since the power of AA diminishes in a 3+ way pot. Hopefully your shove gets UTG to fold, and if they both fold, so what -- you had more chips then you did before the hand.

D

dantheman1481

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the situation.

If someone raises I will usually push all-in since statistically this is the best move. Aces do lose (usually more than we want) but statistically, over time you will win more times that you lose. Also, as excited as one can get with AA you may think you want a lot of people to call you, but you don't. Keep in mind you only have one pair. If there are more than a couple other people in the hand with you, things get pretty risks.

If no one raises, I usually raise 6x-10x the blinds early one (since they are usually only like 10/20). Then I check on the flop (unless there is a flush draw or straight draw, etc.) to get the others to try and push my off or hope that they hit the highest pair currently on the flop.

three3y3

three3y3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is one one of those rare occasions where u should shove ...two raises already chances are after the flopp its goin in anyway ...maybe if the other two are any good they can find fold equity to fold their middle pair preflopp ..because i quaratee one of the two if not both have middle pairs and one must have queens or kings......either way put them bastards In

Maid Marian

Maid Marian

RIP Baby BooBoo
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shove all-in pre-flop with AA...remember that even AA is just a pair & is beatable! I just lost mine to JJ who got his J in the flop!:eek: :eek: :eek: :angel:

doops

doops

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's one of the few situations when I say shove.

Chances are, early in the tourney with the normal number of donks, either or both will call the shove and you have the edge. At least, until the dang flop comes. Cross your fingers then and hope it holds up. It will, often. Not always, but often.

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the situation.

Also, as excited as one can get with AA you may think you want a lot of people to call you, but you don't. Keep in mind you only have one pair. If there are more than a couple other people in the hand with you, things get pretty risks.
This is wrong. I mean the risk increases with the number of callers, but what would you choose out of those 3 options:
1) win 340 100% of the time, with 0% risk (no callers)
2) win 1590 85% of the time, with 15% risk (one caller)
3) win 3030 72.5% ot the time, with 27.5% risk (two callers)

In Expected result: opiton 1) would give you expectation 340, option 2) 1126.5, and option 3) 1784.25

BeaverTrump

BeaverTrump

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ALL-IN!!!!! It is an ideal situation for you, it is much better, than everyones folds to you.
I always and on any position do raise with АА and КК to clean limp with garbage cards