how to play this?

M

Marcos0707

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
utg +1 raise 2 bb button raise 6 you smallblind has AQ suited in the ft stacks of 30 effective what would be the best play

D

DaMooca

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In FT there is ICM involved and after a raise from the utg and a 3bet, I fold this hand, also because he has the utg to act and depending on his hand he can shove and we will be in a very bad situation.

kaynbergo

kaynbergo

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
utg +1 raise 2 bb button raise 6 you smallblind has AQ suited in the ft stacks of 30 effective what would be the best play

it also depends on the player, in any case, I would press the call and see the flop

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think the fold can be considered a call also looks great and I would press call after watching the flop and continue playing from it because the hand is very good it won't be a mistake to watch the flop for sure and then it all depends on the player if and on the opponents you play against

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what stage of the tournament, there are notes on opponents, I think in a vacuum, if the opponents are adequate, then their range is much ahead of ours

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it's a freeroll tournament, then the call or even all-in can be an option, but if it's a few dollar or even higher game, then in such a situation even the fold can be considered, but the opponent's play up to that point can also influence the decision.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
FT evaluation has to be concise so we need # of players left stack sizes of all players -we need this because if there are six players left and the two players in the pot are in the top 3 and so are you the advice changes for AQs vs other possible scenarios

PINOY

PINOY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is the stack size of utg+1 and the button and BB? You stack size? 3Bet % of button? If utg+1 is the chip leader and button has 30BB, his putting 20% of his stack (6BB), is he doing it on AJ or JJ?, where AQ will dominate AJ and 50/50 on JJ. Your chopping with AQ, underdog with KK, yes your blocking QQ and AA but if his 3bet is under 5%, its AK+ and QQ+. Given above information its a tight fold for me.

Canaldo Kao

Canaldo Kao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
With this hand I would call just to see the flop!(y)(y)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

As others have mentioned, you need to post this question with 'more information' (ie. include all stack sizes by position, player reads/history, our image, payouts).
It's a good question (imo) as it potentially can be one of those types of spots that are right on the edge... but definitely need more information.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
You are being asked to call a 3bet OOP... What is the 3bet range for the button?What is the 4bet range for the initial raiser from UTG=1? Why has the button 3bet player in early position when raises from there are strong?When that player raises first in from that postion that range is usally strong.
What is the cbet stat for both players still in the hand. When you miss the flop and face a cbet...?!
AQs could be facing AK and all the strong pairs. I think on an FT, fold is best.

R

Rmi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
At ICM I prefer to fold my hand and avoid headaches.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Close to the final table it's better to wait for a better hand, if it's easy to lose with AA imagine with AQ.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
More info would be nice but let's just assume the btn is raising w/a similar hand if not :10s4::10h4: or something.
The utg+1 is likely waiting to pounce w/ :as4::ah4: or another big pr, I've seen it too many times after a min-raise, per my feltic travels. AQs is only a calling hand if your stack is big enough to fold to a shove .7:1 or bigger, assuming you know the +1 guy will call the btn's raise. This is the worst-case scenario, of course.
If you have that funny feeling in your gut after the btn raises, then I'd fold.
If you have that other funny feeling that the btn is just trying to make a move because the +1 has a shorter stack, then a big-fkng jam from the SB is not a bad play. This really depends on your past history w/these players. GL. (y)