how to not get bored in a tournament

D

ds276

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play several tables at the same time. Sometimes I turn on the music. If it's completely boring, I can watch the film in parallel. And sometimes it's so interesting that I do not notice how it flies 2-3 hours, especially if I get into prizes. It happens of course, after draining, I can and freak out and shove an openly weak card. Sometimes it works.

Miguel Chacon

Miguel Chacon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
well each person is diferent so for me it will be have atleas 3 or 4 tables open so you'll be active most of the time if this is difficult try as i have read to see youtube videos or a movie always do something more beside playing just that torunament ... so you don't stay there watching flops that you're not in that's what I do read a book also while your playing anything that doesn't take all your focus of the gae but also something for your brain to relax it depends on your hobbies GOOD LUCK1 :D :D :D

James_Moria

James_Moria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is a good idea to listen to music during tournaments or after some time get up and walk around a while......

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when playing at the computer is possible either to study, to read, to seek any information, no wonder the pros play on twitch :) it definitely does not get bored :) great to read the article, sometimes to distract the game with good cards and time flies very fast :)

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bored playing poker

I am new at poker. However, I usually put on some music and try to stay focused on other players an how they play to learn.
Sometimes, I cant help to bluff... I am usually met with many calls, too.

E

Edson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
maybe You should play more tournaments in the same time? More action

im just looking for peoples advise. when i play tournaments i seem to get bored after 2 hours or so and i play silly hands and lose. also i always get knocked out around this time ...how do you recommend not getting bored ?

B

bumerangue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally open at least 2 tables and study if Im getting bored. If it still doesnt work, I stop the session

tbdbitl

tbdbitl

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't get bored. I do however fall asleep often.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One of the amusements is to do 3-betting without looking at your cards. This definitely will not let you get bored.

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have the same problem. My only solution thus far is to keep remembering not to play wing and a prayer pocket cards and play a normal TA game.

rari458

rari458

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I normally have some friends over at the same time, or atleast having somebody to talk to while you play. Takes my mind off the game enough so that time doesn't pass slowly.

nvmaxima

nvmaxima

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I listen to a playlist on my phone via google music or spotify