How much I'm gonna win today?

B

Bhzrd588

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you guys set daily goals for cash winning and then leave the game? Or you just continue to play as long as you can?

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi again Biohazard858. You are doing a good job working your way up the ladder toward all those freerolls. It took me about 30 days to ask to get into the platinum level. So GL on that goal. To answer your question, I like to set daily goals, and those help me to reach bigger goals. GL to you

B

Bhzrd588

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi again Biohazard858. You are doing a good job working your way up the ladder toward all those freerolls. It took me about 30 days to ask to get into the platinum level. So GL on that goal. To answer your question, I like to set daily goals, and those help me to reach bigger goals. GL to you

Great, i will use this advice wisely. Good luck to you :)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, it depends on, which kind of games, you play. If its a low variance format like cash games or SnGs, for me there is no point in having a "stop win". A "stop loss" is more relevant, since most of us start playing worse after losing consistently (tilt). For MTTs however if I have a big win, that usually means, I already played for a long time. So its makes sense to end my session. If it was early in the day, I might then sometimes begin another session after taking a break.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never set the goal for a day. It's hard to predict how game will go. Will it a good day or bad day. So i never set the goal and wait what game will bring to me.

B

Bhzrd588

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, it depends on, which kind of games, you play. If its a low variance format like cash games or SnGs, for me there is no point in having a "stop win". A "stop loss" is more relevant, since most of us start playing worse after losing consistently (tilt). For MTTs however if I have a big win, that usually means, I already played for a long time. So its makes sense to end my session. If it was early in the day, I might then sometimes begin another session after taking a break.

I think i will stick with with your idea of "stop loss" and play as long as i can. Thanx for the idea 🙏

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you set daily goals to earn money and then quit the game? Or do you just keep playing as much as you can?
:rolleyes:Hi Biohazard lately I've been stopping after profiting something to have a renewed self esteem even if it's 0.10$

B

Bhzrd588

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never set the goal for a day. It's hard to predict how game will go. Will it a good day or bad day. So i never set the goal and wait what game will bring to me.

Yes, but how do you know when it's the time to stop before loosing all your bankroll?

:rolleyes:Hi Biohazard lately I've been stopping after profiting something to have a renewed self esteem even if it's 0.10$

Good call. I think morale is very important in the long run. Thnx for sharing :)

Last edited by a moderator:
ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I always try to make a profit to help me with expenses at home, I usually try to make a profit around 10 or 20 USD, in my case this is enough

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think i will stick with with your idea of "stop loss" and play as long as i can. Thanx for the idea 🙏

Welcome. Its also a decent idea to determine in advance, what is the longest, you are going to be playing. Very long sessions tend to lead to a decrease in performance as does playing into the night, as a lot of people do. So for instance if you begin playing at 7 pm, you might determine in advance, that you will stop no later than 11 pm and go to bed. Which then also mean, you cant buy into an MTT, which will last more than 4 hours.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you guys set daily goals for cash winning and then leave the game? Or you just continue to play as long as you can?

Hmm, I never really thought of it this way. I don't really set goals on such a short-term basis like that; especially with something as variance-heavy as poker. Somedays you can do seemingly everything "right" and still lose while other days you make the "wrong" play a lot and still win.

I guess I'm looking more long-term than day-to-day with poker. Poker is about the long-term when one specific day shouldn't typically make or break your bankroll...unless you win the wsop Main Event or something like that :D

+1 I'm always trying to be cognizant of my mental state and stopping if I'm slipping away from my "A game" or if I think the situation has changed (like fish leaving a cash game etc.).

Yup, adapting in the moment is what I do as well :)

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens that you do not come to the goal and you are already squeezed out like a lemon-what then?I think that setting goals is not always possible to guess the outcome.The game is not always kind to us.My goal is to study the game as such and the result will show time!

B

Bhzrd588

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happens that you do not come to the goal and you are already squeezed out like a lemon-what then?I think that setting goals is not always possible to guess the outcome.The game is not always kind to us.My goal is to study the game as such and the result will show time!

Well goal are not meant to be dead or alive. If you don't reach you stop. Poker is strange sometimes so it's better to have limits on both sides

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
for me it is because of what i play when i play cash games then and especially zoom cash then i play until i don't feel like it anymore or when i'm unlucky and have paid up 2 times again. when i play tournaments it depends on how far i got in the tournament if the tournament lasted several hours for me then i take a break or stop completely for the day. But I pay more attention to what is losing than what is gaining. At pokerstars and also at other poker sites you can impose a limmit with which you can determine how much you can lose per day / week or month if you have no control over it, but also simply to have a loss limmit. I'm not lucky at the moment and have become a bit impatient when playing because of the many bad beats I have and at that time I think it's very good that you can do something like that. I still love poker and I hope it will get better soon

B

Bhzrd588

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me it is because of what i play when i play cash games then and especially zoom cash then i play until i don't feel like it anymore or when i'm unlucky and have paid up 2 times again. when i play tournaments it depends on how far i got in the tournament if the tournament lasted several hours for me then i take a break or stop completely for the day. But I pay more attention to what is losing than what is gaining. At pokerstars and also at other poker sites you can impose a limmit with which you can determine how much you can lose per day / week or month if you have no control over it, but also simply to have a loss limmit. I'm not lucky at the moment and have become a bit impatient when playing because of the many bad beats I have and at that time I think it's very good that you can do something like that. I still love poker and I hope it will get better soon

I understand your frustration, i believe every poker player has it time to time. I wish good luck and thanks for sharing your insights. 🙏

roberton

roberton

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i want to play to the end, no matter the circumstances and make best i can