DTaboada

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi all,

Last night a faced a difficult situation in tournament table. i was playing a Super turbo tounament and after 15 minutes game i was 15 BB in stack. i was third in stack quantity in the table. I Player beside me went all in and lost. The game brought a player top 30 in stack to the table. The guy start to keep presure every hand and after 10 minutes i lost my stack and got out the tornament.
This is frustrating situation. Next time i will play more tight in this situation.

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You cannot play very tight in the super turbo tournament.

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play tight but open up your range, and increase your aggression. He min raise 2.2BB raise, you put him all in. Your range is going to have his range dominated.

P

Powell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you don't play to super turbo type because It's gambling.Good Luck!

A

Airles17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
happens !! GG
or a player with a lot of stack, you have to play more aggressive.
you avoid playing against, or play tight

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi all,

Last night a faced a difficult situation in tournament table. i was playing a Super turbo tounament and after 15 minutes game i was 15 BB in stack. i was third in stack quantity in the table. I Player beside me went all in and lost. The game brought a player top 30 in stack to the table. The guy start to keep presure every hand and after 10 minutes i lost my stack and got out the tornament.
This is frustrating situation. Next time i will play more tight in this situation.

VS the loose openers you can reshove a wider range with 12-24 blinds (because you have fold equity), but you dont' need to go too crazy with it.

Also be aware of how many players are left to act, just because someone is opening loose doesn't mean you need to rejam wide on them when there are still 6-7 players left to act.

That being said, if you don't pick up hands, you don't NEED to do anything. Just because a big stack is on the table doesn't mean you should be bothered. Let them take out some players for you, help you get deeper in the tournament, and pick your spots to get your chips in good!

Hope that helps :)