How to learn to play final tables?

R

Rajten

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, how to learn how to play final tables, especially on gg (flat structure) I can't estimate where am I, any advices, any tools, which are helpful?

maestro121920

maestro121920

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just keep an eye on stack sizes and stick with your pre flop ranges

know the tendencies of you opp also

xaj9x

xaj9x

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, on the final table if you are a chip leader you should put pressure, if there are not enough chips then wait for someone with fewer chips to leave, and basically your game is a push fold, icmpressure [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

gambit1983

gambit1983

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
buy some tournament books from top pros. i'd go with helmuth dan harrington or phil gordon

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, how to learn how to play final tables, especially on gg (flat structure) I can't estimate where am I, any advices, any tools, which are helpful?
Tip 1 - Last 3 tables! Knowing your opponents is a definite plus for a finalist. When it comes to the last three tables, try to pay more attention to your opponents, namely: hidden aggression, bluffing and odd bet sizes. Any information that allows you to see through your opponent in the future, to “read” him, will be invaluable!Of course, everyone would like to become the first in an MTT tournament - but for many, the first place in such tournaments will be reaching a new level of prize money. In No Limit Hold'em final table play, it is important to divide all players into those who play to win and those who play to profit. In your poker strategy, once you've identified neat players who prefer not to risk their money, try to play hands with them as often as possible. Conversely, outbid players who aim to win only if you are clearly superior.

A

Arnakk2424

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

The best way to learn final table is to know ICM
And to "practice" ICM you can play one table Sit n Go
Every Sit n Go is a final table.
You can also take a look at SNGWizard or ICMizer

You can also watch this playlist on youtube. The videos are old but the concepts are still accurate
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnFv047YYcQaVaWqcXsOPGPw6_ud06odw
The guy is the one that wrote the first ever SNG strategy book.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A good way to learn how to play the final table is to play single table tournaments.

H

Holdem Tycoon

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have to repeat previous info from previous posts. Sng 9 player table. heads up matches,

Subel007

Subel007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on many things,stack size,types of opponents

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Getting to the final table is hard, you have to use aggression...

AlexStar1981

AlexStar1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Greetings. First you need to learn how to reach these final tables. ))) And then according to the rules of the game at one table and on the bubble. The most annoying thing is that the rates are already with 5 zeros. (((

PeLLeTTi

PeLLeTTi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Basically it's: bigger stack, you can use all those chips to intimidate players with smaller stacks who are just trying to survive. You can also leverage your chip position against good players who are forced to play tighter due to ICM considerations.
As a short stack, you face less pressure from ICM because you have less to lose. You are expected to be busted soon, so you can play quite aggressively to try to build up your stack.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The best practice would be like many have said, play a ton of Heads up and 9 man SNG's. In that order, since so many players don't know how to play heads up when they final get so that stage they resort to a push fold strategy.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The final table is the ultimate test of your tournament skills, as this is where you will have to make some heavy ICM folds that you would never make if the payout structure didn't influence your decisions. But at the same time, you must also remain an aggressive player in order to be able to accumulate chips. If you just wait for premium hands, you may be able to secure a pay jump or two, but you are unlikely to accumulate enough chips in your stack to go heads-up and compete for the winner's trophy. In most tournaments, the best approach is to play tight and use well-timed aggression to win chips from weaker players.What you want to avoid with any tournament table dynamics is playing too passive and too tight.If the competition at the final table is really tough, you need to take more risks so as not to lose your stack. However, at the same time, if you were previously able to call 4-bet shoves with the top 10% starters, due to ICM pressure, the correct play is usually to fold unless you have a monster.

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My first thought was play single table sit and go's. Then I look at at the responses and that's what everybody else said. Now I feel like I just got the answer on the test right.

A

Ac3 Meister

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try reading a few poker books and better watch some youtube videos as well. I recomend the poker after dark series or the HighStakes poker series. And also practice makes perfect. I for one always play agresive in final tables .

HTML

HTML

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TM
Chips
each time is different. it depends on how you play. no specific game

darkvick

darkvick

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I guess the most important thing is to play in position. If you are out of position avoid to play mostly of hands.

P86

P86

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well final tables are different from the rest of the tournament as stacks can swing fast and chip leaders can bust before a short stack.
Usually I stick to range at the beginning waitin for 1 or 2 players to bust push/fold when short then widen my range.
Usually it works for me as i found that each time I 'm on a final table I' m winning 50% of the time 40%in top 4 and 10% bust 5th to 9th

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As of now studying ICM and adjusting play for stack size is best way to work on Final Table game.

W

White664

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dfhhg

Hola, ¿cómo aprender a jugar mesas finales, especialmente en gg (estructura plana) No puedo estimar dónde estoy, algún consejo, alguna herramie

W

White664

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very

Well final tables are different from the rest of the tournament as stacks can swing fast and chip leaders can bust before a short stack.
Usually I stick to range at the beginning waitin for 1 or 2 players to bust push/fold when short then widen my range.
Usually it works for me as i found that each time I 'm on a final table I' m winning 50% of the time 40%in top 4 and 10% bust

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sit and go is a quasi final table. You can see similar patterns. You have to decide how to get to heads up. You can wait for others to knock themselves out or be more aggressive and try to bully he other opponents.

W

White664

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
jxt

Sit and go is a quasi final table. You can see similar patterns. You have to decide how to get to heads up. You can wait for others to knock themselves out or be more aggressive and try to bully he othe