how to keep concentration in a various HS poker tournament?

B

Bhzrd588

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always choose the game you play based on your free time and based on the ability to play concentrated.
Use as much as possible the break time to relax and gain yourself!

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my case, there comes a time when my patience runs out and I can't find concentration
Don't focus on all of your opponents at once. If you try to focus on each and every one, you will get a headache. Start by focusing on two players. Are they raising all the time, or are they constantly defending their blinds? After you bring the observation to automatism, add one more factor to your observations, but not before that It will take some time, but as you work on your concentration, you will improve it and will be able to process more information about your opponents. and become a successful poker player.

IXIX

IXIX

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think …

When it’s a high stakes tournament like say the wsop paying attention the whole time and remember live reads is important, sometimes your at the same table with the same tablemates for 12 hours so in the end it can super useful

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I play generally 2-3 tournaments at a time. Staring at one for too long can be nerve racking. I play on mobile so I can't play more than that, but I also feel as if I play better. If you have been playing for a while you may be nervous about getting knocked out, even making what would be considered a correct play. If you bust you have to start all over. If you have several going at once this is not an issue. I will often have music play in the background. I cannot however watch a movie as this is too distracting.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Warming up, mini physical education, washing with cool water helps to maintain concentration.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my case, there comes a time when my patience runs out and I can't find concentration
If you can’t get rid of boredom, switch your attention to collecting reads from all opponents. Note how they play, which of them seems to be a professional or recreational player, whether they understand ICM and sizing... This will help you alleviate boredom, and the information you get can be very useful in the future.Strong focus implies maximum concentration, and it is needed in hands with your direct participation. Soft focus allows you to reduce the intensity of mental effort. It's a little "smoke break" for the brain when you switch to something else between hands with your participation, such as your phone.Stories about players who record all the information at the tables with laser accuracy throughout the entire tournament are nothing more than myths. It is much better to save your energy for those moments when you need it most.