how to keep concentration in a various HS poker tournament?

Leousar

Leousar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my case, there comes a time when my patience runs out and I can't find concentration

phoenixKK

phoenixKK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
The silence is an important factor for me when I'm playing poker.I like to play poker with silence and total concentration.Keep calm and don't be so nervous.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this is why i multi-task when i play. patience is not an issue for me, but it does get a bit boring just sitting there, waiting for your action. especially when some mtts can go on for hours.

so, i might watch a movie or a tv show, maybe play some call of duty. sometimes i do chores like folding laundry or cleaning up the house while i play.

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The worst thing we can do is that one tournament hurts the game of another by losing a bad beat, being eliminated from a tournament, and out of fever and anger we play madly in the other tournaments. The best thing is to breathe deeply, think, and continue with the other tournaments and play them in the best way, oblivious to those feelings of the previous one.

K

Kloks

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Might be helpful to tease out what was difficult for you in the tournament. Was it a tourney lasting hours, all day? Then find a shorter one. Is it becoming impatient, having the emotion of self defeat or concern you won't win? Take a short break, breathe and refocus. Tourneys are an exercise of focus, patience and sheer determination. I go in with that mindset. I read alot about poker tourneys to better understand the mindset needed. My personal mindset is to go in with some excitement that I will place my mind in a focus state which is meditative in and of itself. I stay in the monent, let go of past oopies and stay any from worry about the future. I focus on the moment by moment the here and now.. When Im not in a hand I watch other players. Staying in the moment really helps and time flies. I think meditation, tai chi, yoga , prayer etc etc those ancient practices that help us to be in a here and now state are essential for good life and good poker. Playing poker is a snippet of my life. If I am impatient there it tells me where else in my life am I impatient. This is why I love poker . I learn so much about myself. Hope this helps.

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
patience runs out it's time to quit and rest

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I'm playing multiple tournaments at the same time, I like to play in a quiet room so I can keep the concentration, also I put my cell phone far away because I usually look to my cell all the time.

Porras2424

Porras2424

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For many who play in several tournaments at the same time, it becomes chaos. Even more when they reside in multiple tournaments, I comment on it because, it happened to me at my start, I played freeroll rounds, and micros, one or two at a time , I half dominated them, I tried to stay totally pampered, in my comfort space and at the beginning, I barely participated and was quickly eliminated, I had to go back to a single tournament to practice and make my peace of mind, until I ssli from my area Conford and got two more tournaments, after time I went out of the Conford area again, and got five tournaments at the same time, which is the one that currently, I maintain, all this is to go slowly so that in the long run a time, we feel empowered to increase the pace of the tournaments, and with these five tournaments that I currently play,Sometimes I had to go down, there are days of days, let's eat slowly and try to be as patient as possible so that we are productive and able to play the tournaments that we do not feel comfortable, when your time is up for any of them and You missed a bet, you are playing too many tables ,, you have to lower one ,, I do so and in the long term, we will win ,,, patience, dedication, discipline, persevere, and never pay to lose ,, luck, luck, luckydedication, discipline, persevere, and never pay to lose ,, luck, luck, luckdedication, discipline, persevere, and never pay to lose ,, luck, luck, luck

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For many who play in several tournaments at the same time, it becomes chaos. Even more when they reside in multiple tournaments, I comment on it because, it happened to me at my start, I played freeroll rounds, and micros, one or two at a time , I half dominated them, I tried to stay totally pampered, in my comfort space and at the beginning, I barely participated and was quickly eliminated, I had to go back to a single tournament to practice and make my peace of mind, until I ssli from my area Conford and got two more tournaments, after time I went out of the Conford area again, and got five tournaments at the same time, which is the one that currently, I maintain, all this is to go slowly so that in the long run a time, we feel empowered to increase the pace of the tournaments, and with these five tournaments that I currently play,Sometimes I had to go down, there are days of days, let's eat slowly and try to be as patient as possible so that we are productive and able to play the tournaments that we do not feel comfortable, when your time is up for any of them and You missed a bet, you are playing too many tables ,, you have to lower one ,, I do so and in the long term, we will win ,,, patience, dedication, discipline, persevere, and never pay to lose ,, luck, luck, luckydedication, discipline, persevere, and never pay to lose ,, luck, luck, luckdedication, discipline, persevere, and never pay to lose ,, luck, luck, luck

I play one or two at the same time. I cant find joy to play more, cause you cant focus on them and yeah it becomes chaos. People try to compensate it with HUD.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think no-one can concentrate from 60 minutes 55 straight hour after hour or day after day. I agree with others you can replace poker with other activities and turn it to second/third, and it will grow on you later and you will concentrate again when you get some power from other activities.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Start explaining your actions to yourself, for example, I make a bet with such a goal, I enter the game with this hand, etc. When you clearly understand what purpose and why you did this or that action, you are less nervous knowing that you are playing correctly.:)

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Listen to music and keep the focus. In the 5 minute breaks in a tournament, I would walk away from the laptop and get some fresh air. Then turn on your music again and you are in tunnel mode.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

in my case I sometimes play 3 or 4 tournament tables !!! and I don't get tired !! Yes, that way I also lose my temper! or I get a little tense..but well we will polish that over time..greetings

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I usually play no more than 3-4 hours a day. It's quite a bit of time, but at least I can easily stay focused. If I play for more than 5 hours I start to get tired, I lose concentration, and most importantly I start to lose money.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Daily meditation helps me a lot. Thanks to meditation, I always remain calm and patient for a long time. Meditation also helps me stay focused.

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
High Stakes?? Head Shot (no wait that's FPS Gaming)

HTML

HTML

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TM
Chips
this is a problem for all passive poker players, and I also have this problem, so we don't win a lot of money.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
The same thing happens to me, especially if I am in several tournaments and in one of them those poker things happen that many of us hate, for example today, I was playing the 1K cc free and a cc homegame tournament, with little time left for ITM arrives AA, one player raises the bet, I bet him everything (10K) and the other player had KQ and JXX9T comes out, and I could not let go of that situation and concentrate on the other tournament, sometimes it is difficult to regain control of the game and to concentrate, but apart from that there are other factors such as silence and whether I am tired or not

bra01

bra01

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Minimize multiple tables to enhance concentration

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yep, on GG just lost with AK against K5, flops Axx, then 5, then 5. And 3 hands later, I have AA, go all in called by bigger stack with JJ - one of which is jack of spades, My AA is red. Flops 2 spades , then a spade, and finish with the fourth spade to give the opponent flush, and I'm out. I just can't think playing CC freeroll on GG now.

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In my case, there comes a time when my patience runs out and I can't find concentration

1) Get enough sleep

2) Do not play many tables, as the brain works much worse

3) Do not be distracted by extraneous business calls and so on

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
During the break, I do a little exercise, sometimes I even have time to go to the shower quickly. My main recipe is more preparatory - you need to sleep well, otherwise it will be hard at the end of the session. If you can't concentrate, then you should throw away everything that distracts, and focus on your game as much as possible, try not to make mistakes and mark interesting spots, think a little more broadly about the hands, and immerse yourself in the game. If I want to sleep, I drink black tea, take a cold shower and try to keep the temperature in the room low.Music during the session does not distract me, but rather calms me down. Because I am quite nervous on my own, and then the ability to stomp my foot to the rhythm and shake my head - thus somehow it becomes calmer or something.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is such a problem that if at the beginning of the session your brain does not think well, then it is very difficult to fix it. You should sleep well, otherwise it will be difficult at the end of the session. If during the game you are not thinking about poker, then you need to take a break.