How frequently do you slow play AA + KK?

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think there are many great situations to do this. You want to build a pot with these hands and you want to isolate other players and these are reasons for not limping. You limp and you hope someone jams on you but instead there are 4 other limpers. The flop comes and there is a bet and a raise and you are like wtf? So I virtually always raise with these hands.

I will sometimes slow play in the blinds, but I have to have a large stack and the other player a small stack. If I think the other player will jam a lot of hands preflop or flop then this can be profitable. Otherwise I am just making a standard raise prelfop.

ednaroza

ednaroza

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
You are absolutely right - I almost always raise these hands preflop to protect and isolate. The few instances I might slow play AA or KK are when there is an overly loose-aggressive player to my left who I'm almost certain will raise or jam, so 'why do the pushing when the donkey will do the pulling?' :D

stampide

stampide

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always go all in when i receive AA!

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I fall into the state of a positive panic when I see AA/KK in my hand; almost always shove as to make the others scared of me, because I'm traumatized by how the flop might turn out (too many cracked aces in the past).

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
You need to understand that there are situations when even with such strong hands you need to give up and fold in time. Postflop play should be fast (no slowplays) and aggressive. Almost all flops are worth c-betting with KK and AA.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I try to never slow-play the biggun's. I've just called w/them in the blinds before but that's on a rare occasion, say when a short-stacked player just jammed.

wrzlbrnft

wrzlbrnft

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
raise, 3-bet, 4-bet.... try to get most players to fold. Your chance with these hands decrease dramatically when there are more players fighting for the pot

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always raise big or re-raise with a good stack and all-in with a small stack. Going without a raise is a big mistake. I never limp with this card.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
you always need to play a raise with these hands, you have to disperse the pot to make it big and if someone beats you it's good and there's no point in playing a limp unless a person has a small stack and you're sitting close next to 1 poker table, it makes sense, but it's also best to play a raise because you definitely don't need a lot of players at the flop

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best time to slowplay KK and AA preflop is, when the SPR is already going to be low, and the opponent is to aggressive for his own good. Lets say we open on CO, and SB makes a 3-bet, which commits 25% of his chips. Then it can be fine to just call that 3-bet and let him hang himself on the flop.

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think that most of the time I play AA KK slow, but I also take into consideration how bad things have gone for me with those cards, there are times when I play them slow and they beat me over and over again, even playing all in without giving it much thought then there I prefer to play all in and now, other times I try to be more sensible and think better how I am going to play and if seeing the flop it is necessary to fold is what I will do

YuriSLopes

YuriSLopes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah man...

So many times I thought I was trapping by limping with pocket A or K and ended up finding myself at a trap.

It's hard cause you want to make the most out of the hand and the bread and butter hands are so scarce...

But well... This is poker.

psycodelic1

psycodelic1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometme in mutiple players calls to youre raise you hav to now theres a big hance to bust because not allways AA wins trust mei shpved on BB with AA the russian guy likes to gamble caled me with 23o like 6 years ago isteel remember that hand lmao because the flop comes 223😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
always limp them at aggressive table in early position

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always play aggressively with these hands.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
very seldom, mainly plat very aggresively !

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play them pretty strong. They are great hands and win a good percentage of the time.. Unless its obvious, like the flop is KKA or something, then I would try and let them build a hand :)

ElScorcho008

ElScorcho008

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The only time I will slow play those are when I'm under the gun, and that is mostly just so somebody along the line can raise and I can reraise them

nameless

nameless

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I usually raise in with aa kk maybe call in early positions to induce a raise and trap someone but if u get to many callers u need to play carefully and be opened to fold dont marry the hand u can lose lots of chips

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
First of all we don't open limp , if the table is very active I may glat in CO , BTN with an aggressive opponent behind to act.
If I have a calling station then I 3bet those monsters relentlessly!!!

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
AA is still okay, but KK can cause the most annoyance.
You raise with KK before the flop, got a re-raise, and they kill your KK with their A3 hand on the river with an A. Of course, every card has a chance to beat, but KK can be especially annoying.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never calculated a percentage to be honest. It depends a lot on the situation.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I raise preflop, but it is just a pair, so if the flop doesn't help and I see straights or flushes or fulls, I might slow play it or even fold it if there is something stronger from the other players.

K

Kurchina

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BA
Chips
Rarely. But I hate when I shove with aces and everyone folds, so I'm tempted to slow play them more often.

louuu19

louuu19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When the table players are so nit, other case is when i suspect my opponent hand is so weak i slowplay to give him a chance to make a bluff