How to feel after losing early in a tournament.

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
How sad what happened to you but keep in mind that can happen to anyone, about me and the community cards you had to be more careful when having a pair and a ladder project maybe you were a bit aggressive because like you the other player I also had a safe hand, sometimes it is better to be cautious and seeing that he did not get the ladder it was better to fold since the other player showed signs of having a low or equal ladder to the one you looked

Y

YKCaiTLH1314

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You done nothing wrong, don't be sad. It's a freeroll ticket isn't it?
You have everything to win but nothing to lose.
Keep on playing freeroll, it's really good and cheap way to polish up skill and patience.

S

sheltowee420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have avoided that hand from the beginning, but it is better to get knocked out early, then to invest a bunch of time (and emotion), on a deep run, and then to bubble out. On to the next one.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Thank you for replying, it is indeed a very disciplined game.

In the future I may end up posting hands, but most probably of twee big hands I win, to perhaps find fault in those or learn something extra about possible strengths of mine that I'd like to focus on.

Thank you for your time.

I think you'll find it much more useful to post hands that have difficult spots.... ones where you're not sure what to do (or which might be the optimal line given the circumstance of the hand (ie. stack sizes, villain's playing style & history we've had with villain, how many players left... how many make it ITM (for bubble play & ICM considerations), weighing risk vs. reward spots, etc. etc. etc.)