How do you survive at the final table?

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Either play aggressively or wait for premium hands. I like to sometimes bide my time, wait until the final 3, then stand away and let the other two fight it out. It’s a tricky call.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Some times I don't survive, But I don't complain that I feel poker sites are rigged or Crooked in some way, I blame it on the Poker God's, and Fate wasn't on my side in those games.
Patience is the biggest factor when playing Poker, and being able to Concentrate on Players actions on the Table give you some information on how they are betting on certain flops, The general rule of thumb is if you raise Pre-Flop, You should bet after, no matter what hits the table, but Players see an Ace/King in their hand and think it's Christmas, to me it's just another Ace/Rag hand that needs a careful approach.
I have lost count how many times A/K gets crushed along with A/Q or A/J, They look nice especially when Suited but they are all Ace/Rags to me. They sure are good to see a flop with, but if you miss, be prepared to Fold like the wind if you don't hit something good.

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
the first task-get money
the second task-grab a chance for a better place
And if you are one of the lucky ones who make it to the finals-then just enjoy the game and don't worry anymore !!

Baoka

Baoka

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
Repeatedly turn down when there is a bad hand, only bet when holding a card with a probability of winning more than 70%

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I would say stay patient until the time is right to strike every time.
When playing at the final table, the first thing I do is watch my opponents play closely. Also, I try to use my position at the table, and while I am expanding my range of hands a lot, I will try to play with fairly strong hands and minimize my bluffing. I agree with you, you have to be patient at the final table :)

kaynbergo

kaynbergo

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
if the stack is small, expect a good hand, if the grid is large, open it wider, the rest of the players will fold more

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Generally, the most important thing is just getting to the final 3, the real money is there. The best way to do this is to move your chips and this is what i do;

I limp on the button every chance i get

I play much tighter than usual raising only TT+ or AT+

I don't value bet anything; i win by checking to showdown.

I don't call ANYTHING w/ the nuts; you are likely already ITM and have too much to lose

I bluff my worse hands (not big bluff) so to ensure my better hands are called

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Generally try to tighten up a bit especially with a middle stack, with a big stack you can put extra pressure on any middle stacks, and shorter stacks, and avoid big pots with the other big stacks.

With the shortest stack I'm looking to shove in good spots against the medium stacks who have more to lose!!

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
It is a mix between patience and attack, having notes on your rivals helps a lot, and every time I have the opportunity to steal blinds I do it without fear.

D

darkgonz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PE
Chips
If you are average in chips you should play as you are used to playing, if you are a chip leader or have many more chips compared to the rest you should play more aggressively taking advantage of the pressure that your stack can put on your rivals to fold a lot given that everyone wants the next payment.

M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
Observe the other players and use the info you get to win the final table

chicbulls2

chicbulls2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Play your good hand and pray as much as you can and know that they hold, instead to losing to some garbage

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Nothing new:
Note your position.
Choose the hands you are going to play wisely.
Give up whenever you have trash on your hands.
Attack pre-flop and defend the stack post-flop.
Play cautiously but not afraid.
If you have a 72o, push everything.
If you have AA in your hands, fold pré-flop

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Each person has a different way to play in FT, so what is good for me, will not always be for you, I try to improve my perception, I increase my patience power, I try to be more observant, I analyze every move, sometimes it doesn't work out, what is missing are the good cards, good luck and success

JasperDan1988

JasperDan1988

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I would say stay patient until the time is right to strike every time.
I have found that the best way to survive is to be patient and only play the top 10 hands preflop, if you get the chance to limp in then great. Of course if you are the short stack I recommend being highly aggressive, if not you will end up getting blinded out!

Canaldo Kao

Canaldo Kao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The final table is the time when you should know how to use your position at the table and not be afraid!(y)💪

Flower2211

Flower2211

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My game at the final table depends on what stacks other participants have, if there are many who have less and the jumps in prizes are large, then I will play more carefully, and if I have a small stack, then I often go all-in with a more or less normal card

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
with a lot of patience, knowing when is the right time to enter a play, to steal... I think that good intuition helps a lot, I have had tournaments where good intuition has helped me win a lot of chips and resist as long as I can and others where I have lost control due to not having much patience and getting desperate

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Generally I don't play so aggressively at the final table, it's very difficult for me to do so, but I always try to be very calm and try not to go crazy playing, I have won some tournaments being very calm, that doesn't mean that I always play like that, it's just that There are days of days when everything goes well and others when not so much and I have to take risks and play a little more aggressively, but my goal is always calm even if it is difficult.