How do you play when you are ahead on chips?

U

Unbustable

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First always keep in mind the types of styles you are up against at your table.. it's a good idea to play big stack poker and put pressure on your opponents when you have the chance. Open your range tremendously and raise consistently with the same amount so they can't get a read on you. No matter the position test the water post flop and depending on your reading abilities continue through to the river. Know who is going to slow play you. Who will chase and who will call you down with us or who will not be bullied. Also switch gears and sit back while others Duke it out from time to time. It's all about timing and going with the flow of the game.. I've played that way before and when I reached the final table had 3 times what everyone else had combined.. it is the technique of the goat himself. R.i.p. stuck the unbustable

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play my game tight aggressive and pressure with decent cards, as well as try to be more aggressive when I am in position button ,cut off. Good look!

ironduke11

ironduke11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you can try to bully more as most players still are going to miss the flop....make it too expensive for them to draw out etc

but it is also a good way to donk off chips if the other players switch to a tight game

Poker Chips - History of Chips