Chips
HT is simply a luck no skill game format in my opinion

H

Honest

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hyper turbo SNG games can be profitable.

I recommend reading SNG blueprint pt.1-4.
This advertises $16p/h winnings, I personally found it to be a profitable formula when following it's guidance.

BOL.

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wait for high pair go all in and x your fingers

D

discintildeath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would agree that it is not worth playing them. But if you do play them try to go all in with the guys that do shove anything because you will probably have them dominated.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone, I just wanted to ask all of you guys. How do you behave in hyper turbo tournamens when it gets to a mid to lateish stage? I always find myself having a 2x the average stack or more at those times, but the blinds just get so huge and the game sort of becomes shove or fold with everyone going all in no matter their stack size. That makes it really hard to keep your A game going when you're folding everything but the best starting hands, and if you don't get a good hand soon the blinds and antes eat you up whole. Stealing the blinds from position is out of the question also because of how volatile the tables usually are.

What's your strategy if you play these donkfests at all?

My strategy would be go all-in on any mid ace, king pocket pair. Since blinds rise rapidly, you must act fast with at least a decent hand.

T

titiduru

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the majority of players are going all in with marginal hands, they are in fact colluding against even your prime hands. So, if you decide to play this kind of tournament anyway, you'd better join their gang and pray for a good outcome.

D

darokes

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been playing the StarsCoin sit n go satellites which I believe are all hyper turbos. General strategy has been to play with a little tighter range in the first level and then open up the rest of the time as you're pretty much always in the red zone.

And yes, there is a difference in it being a lottery (it's not) and having higher variance. There is a strategy to be had and a way to manipulate the mistakes of others open shoving any suited cards in the first levels.

515bastos

515bastos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's just lottery...turbo its way better