GengysKan

GengysKan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
How do you play the final table?

Basically, the strategy used for the final stage is also used for the final table, except for a few minor differences. You should pay even more attention to the positions and use those lucky moments, when all the players before you give up and you are the first one who can increase. Have respect for opponents who increase at first sensations. Most of the time, they're actually holding onto something good.

If someone in the starting position increases, go all-in with AA, KK, QQ, JJ, and AK. If someone in position increased increased, then also go all-in with a pair of tens, nens, or AQ. If no one has increased so far and you're in a starting or protective position, then go all-in with any pair of nines up, as well as with AK, AQ, and AJ. If you're in a final position, you should also go all-in with two seves, two eights, and KQ if no one raised before you.

JeffSBrito

JeffSBrito

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When I reach the final table of a tournament, I take an aggressive approach to maximize my chances of success. I believe that controlled aggression is the key to pressuring my opponents and accumulating chips. I try to take advantage of my position and use my stack to apply big increases, putting my opponents in difficult situations and forcing them to make difficult decisions. In addition, I identify weaker players or players with smaller stacks and attack them frequently, seeking to steal their blinds and potentials first. I also keep in mind that the opponents at the final table may be more tense and concerned about their placements and cash prizes, which could lead to a more conservative game. I take this opportunity to intensify my aggressiveness and use psychological pressure to my advantage.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Aggressive, there is no other solution at the final table

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think yes aggressiveness at the final table is very important if you play aggressively, you have every chance to win tournaments and take 1st place not 9th place so I think you'll have to try to play more aggressively to take 1st place and where the payout is much higher than for other places because you have already reached the final your goal is to earn more

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
at the final table, you pay more attention to the game of your opponents and, based on this, adjust to their range and game

Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips

Basically, the strategy used for the final stage is also used for the final table, except for a few minor differences. You should pay even more attention to the positions and use those lucky moments, when all the players before you give up and you are the first one who can increase. Have respect for opponents who increase at first sensations. Most of the time, they're actually holding onto something good.

If someone in the starting position increases, go all-in with AA, KK, QQ, JJ, and AK. If someone in position increased increased, then also go all-in with a pair of tens, nens, or AQ. If no one has increased so far and you're in a starting or protective position, then go all-in with any pair of nines up, as well as with AK, AQ, and AJ. If you're in a final position, you should also go all-in with two seves, two eights, and KQ if no one raised before you.
I completely agree with you, sometimes the ICM factor is added.

For example when 2 or 3 days are short stack, in this case it is not profitable to apply these strategies against players with a large stack.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The final table is the most tactical part of an MTT, so its very important to pay attention to the stack sizes of everyone, as well as positions. And also to simply pay attention to, how people play. Ideally at this point you dont want to have other tables running, or at most 1-2, which you can then stack at the other side of the screen, so they dont distract you.

78mariusz

78mariusz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree regarding aggressive play on the final table. Seems to me a good tactic considering that just getting to FT is already a success

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Better to push than call unless you have a nice stack, you have a decent hand and it's a desperate shortie shoving. Yes it's important to have an idea of how people play even before you get to FT. When there are 2 tables left, it's a good idea to pull up the other one and observe the players.

M

mrfastflow

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On semi final table you could be more agresive because played with less players but when start final table be patient dont try be Leader when you have no cards dont let your stack eaten with blinds too Play your best poker dont change strategy because fintal table

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Depends on my stack size. If I have the big stack I open my playing range and I push my opponents however I can and if I have th smallest stack I wait patiently for a double up. There is no much you can do if you have few chips!

ednaroza

ednaroza

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I rarely get to the final table, in fact, I don't remember when was the last time I did 😂
Anyways, I think you shouldn't try to ladder up - you are already a winner getting to the final. So it really isn't that important whether you finish 6th or 5th for example. It does matter if you win 1st place though... and I think that should be your goal - try your best to get there. And that is possible only by aggressive play in my opinion. You will have to take more and bigger risks but at this point this is the way, you will either win first or you will try again the next time! ;):cool:
Good luck at the tables!

Like2Play2

Like2Play2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Play tight and get closer to a bigger pay out.
Agree,
because if you play a similar stack, and lose; Let's say KK loses to jj, he hits a set, then you become small stack, and will probably not make it to the 123 best finishing positions.

Last edited:
A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Depend of my stack......but i play habitually final table aggressively.....i need more chips

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I think it's the easiest at the final table, take advantage of every advantage that appears. Good luck 👍

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I reach the final table of a tournament, I take an aggressive approach to maximize my chances of success. I believe that controlled aggression is the key to pressuring my opponents and accumulating chips. I try to take advantage of my position and use my stack to apply big increases, putting my opponents in difficult situations and forcing them to make difficult decisions. In addition, I identify weaker players or players with smaller stacks and attack them frequently, seeking to steal their blinds and potentials first. I also keep in mind that the opponents at the final table may be more tense and concerned about their placements and cash prizes, which could lead to a more conservative game. I take this opportunity to intensify my aggressiveness and use psychological pressure to my advantage.
While that is a good strategy vs weak players -players who are playing an effective FT strategy will be able to take advantage of you if you are too aggressive based on stack sizes. If you are opening wide because the blinds are weak and a good player is IP they will shove putting you to the test over and over again and every chip you lose is worth money now.

So who is on your table- what position and stack size are all factors that dictate how we play FT's

:unsure::geek:

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I love this question because it has one very nice answer, sit and go. Sng's are essentially a final table. This is the main format for making a small ball bankroll, one game at a time, imo.
The main difference between a sng and a ft are the starting stacks. If you're the big-stack then you're on the defensive. If you're the short-stack then it's pretty much gung-ho until you get a stack you can relax with and begin to focus on laddering up, which is the most important aspect of the ft.
If I'm the/a big-stack coming into a ft, then I'm going to apply the pressure accordingly while not gambling on many hands.
If I have a mid-sized stack, then I'm going to be paying very close attention to the smaller stacks. They're going to be looking to make a move and when they do it's usually a nice AK, KK, or something in that range so you don't want to be out of position w/a Q-10 or a J9.
If you're short-stacked then the ft is your oyster since all the eyes are going to be on you. I've gotten away w/so many sb/bb bluffs in this situation it's crazy, because no one at the table wants to be the one to double-up a short-stack. If you're online you usually get some kind of virtual piece of sh!t thrown at you or something, nowadays.
For some really good advice watch any one of the WPT ft's or the ones on PokerGo. There's also some on YT. For good final table action in real-world trnys, buy-ins in the $200-$500 range, check out any of the ones from Texas Card House. They usually have a live-stream every Saturday evening unless it carries over to Sunday. There's some good action and these are just regs from the club playing along w/other "Regular Joes".

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
I play it very tight and risky if I have good pocket cards. It depends on number of my chips in final table too.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

There is no 100% working scenario. Final table play depends on each specific situation. It's impossible to give good advice if you don't know the details like the format of the tournament, the number of your opponents, your stack size, the stack size of your opponents, the individual characteristics of your opponents, etc.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do I play for the Final table?!. Since I find myself for the Final table not specially often, therefore I will reply simply and directly:
I try to fight on the Final table only for the First place! That's it!

aurora1207

aurora1207

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Aggressive, all the time .

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Hi I think in a mular way that you write, and is well try to get BB every time you can in according of information from the players in the table.

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
When I get to the final table I am more selective with the hands that I am going to play, I play a little tight, I try to avoid entering plays that are very risky, but I am always careful to be able to play aggressive when I can, I try to let the rest of the players kill each other and to be able to advance in the prize positions