How do you play AK in a 6max turbo SnG in early stages?

A

AhiRaviv

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Limp-Shove

I think AK will always be a flip..
if you are not in position just limp-shove.
if you are in position, look at the table, and if there is a 3-bet, 4-bet just fold

BogdanStark

BogdanStark

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to shove AK early but I have lost everytime to pockets pairs. I know its a coinflip but it's got me everytime.

Because of fishing playing!!! Why do you think AK (even suit) is good enough hand? Just play raise, and fold to re-raise all in in the early stage.

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are overplaying AK unless you are short stacked. You are going to win the minimum or bust out (as you have been doing). AK can often be a slippery slope. Often you are going to win a small pot or lose a big one because even when you connect, you still only have 1 pair.

Raise and play accordingly.

R

razmodius

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd say 3bet call a 4bet fold a shove. Ain't worth risking your entire stack on a coinflip this early on. Plus if you're getting shove'd on you're behind or flipping. Just let it go

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fewer players - wider range of hands. AK should be played as well as 9 max. Imho

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All in with AK on early stage is just not worth it. I can only suggest to see the flop, if there is no A or K on the flop - feel free to fold it. AK can't make a strong draw, only the gutshot... AK on early stages is good enough to limp with and play slow as a calling station to study your opponents without high risks for your stack.

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
four bet I wonna juste 1-2 players in the action.....

rocknroll0

rocknroll0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to watch what the dynamics of your tables, in turbo SNG early stage you can easily see 2/3 all in at once, they all want to increase your stack

E

elpogodo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Lightly but surely

Knowing that early stages have lower blinds, people tend to play a wider range of cards. So even a 3x preflop wont take chasers away.
That being said, a continious bet is mandatory on the flop. Keep it small as you dont want to be too commited if you missed.
If you hit, maintain the continiuty but still keep it low to get called.
Feel confortable to fold with any raise if you did not hit. If you hit hit but still get raised, call but dont go all in as the range of your opponent might have got him better than your top pair.

sandund

sandund

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK is maybe not even on a 50% winning on SnG tournaments.

TheMagic

TheMagic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK is a great hand to discuss, since a significant number of players will raise. I was watching a video produced for a brazilian site, showing how EV- is to do this, for a long period of time. So, AK can be a good hand to simply call the Bet against Reg players, and explore Donkey and Calling Station players.