Chips
Better than 3rd. Worse than 1st.

P

Pwohar43

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you come in the top ten in any of these tournaments you should feel good to great. Just consider the number of players, the time, and most importantly the players, we’ll any way. Pat

P

Pwohar43

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you come in the top ten in any of these tournaments you should feel good to great. Just consider the number of players, the time, and most importantly the players, we’ll any way. Pat
Wow, Advanced Player, that’s me

P

Pwohar43

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, Advanced Player, that’s me

Pokericon08

Pokericon08

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Second is still a good finish, but hurts more than 100th to me. Sure you get some money, and you beat all but one, but the burn of coming so close to being tournament champion only to be runner up is a hot one.

To me though the most painful loss is the guy who pops the bubble after hours of play and walking away empty handed lol...:eek::puke:

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If I always be the second, i would never complain

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I always be the second, i would never complain

Yeah, I'd never do this eather :D. Great answer.
Better to always be 2nd than to grind on every damn day trying to at least reach ITM point in a tourney.

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends how it played out. Was there something I could have done differently. For the most part I'm happy to be in the money. It only hurts when you get knocked out on the bubble or something close to it.

C

Cash2019

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!

I'll feel like a winner! I can't always be the first, so it's okay. We'll have to analyze the situation that led to this and work on the errors. :)

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2nd is like kissing your sister,,,, :eek:

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it depends, if it's because of the variance then I'm happy but if it's because I made a mistake. I blame myself and analyze my game to rectify it.

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think we all would want first:0) but second or third really isn't that bad. I would be happy with 1st, 2nd or 3rd.

M

martinf1971

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I finish in Top 5 I am happy most top 5 places do have a really good payout so all good

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Second is just first place loser.

Seriously: if it is a big tournament mostly happy. Only reason to feel anything else is if you made a big mistake HU or had a really bad beat.

On the bigger sites the MTTs are often very large (in number of players). Just to come to the final table usually don't just take skill but also luck. You often have to win several "coin flips".

You have to play A LOT of tournaments before you can get some sort of win-rate.

But second place gets a real boost to the roll in most cases.

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Second always hurts because you were so close to winning 1st but anytime I bust out of a tournament it is disappointing. I'd much rather have a 2nd place finish than a min cash. And I'd rather have a min cash than not cash. So these are the things that keep me from getting too down about not winning 1st. I always asked myself if I knew I was going to finish in this place ahead of time would I still have registered for the tournament? If I cash in it and make money then the answer is always yes. That usually helps calm me down after getting knocked out.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
How do you feel when you finish second in a tournament

Best of the losers. Which is somewhere between, overjoyed and devastated. But to be honest, with "bittersweet pride", I'd take the money and be thankful that I managed to get second.
Me too.

:top:

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Earlier was offensively, if I got second place in the tournament...Now, if I hit in the prize zone is very good already!.. The all change with the time! And attitude to everything too. Main need try to play in plus how possible often, and then someday can win the tournament again!:p

Igorek1313

Igorek1313

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel super best of all !! because I divide the bank into 2 or 3, depending on the prize!:cool:

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens to me very rarely. But in such cases, I feel satisfied because it is a great result for me.

fickleberry

fickleberry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All the money is in the top 3 places. So finishing 2nd is actually pretty good. Of course it sucks to get this close and then miss out on that 1st price, but given the variance in tournaments, 2nd place should feel like a win.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Second place in the tournament is a good result. I feel happy.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel like I did my best these days, and I feel very proud.
When I was just starting out in poker, I felt torn to get so close and hit the post!