How do you feel about breaks? (Timing wise)

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It is a break which is needed, to have some rest or to eat, or to get fresh air. The 5 minutes are a small break, it could be 10 minutes, and it would not be a problem.

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that 5 minutes are a good break. You can go to the toilet and drink some water 🙂

P

pltelles

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Spend 10 hours playing and you'll want the breaks to last 10 minutes.

M

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
wow 5 minutes of break seems like a lot to you? I believe that 5 minutes are gold, fair and necessary, 3 minutes are not enough because there are people who don't just want to go to the bathroom, but that's my opinion

katifanko

katifanko

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I usually use breaks for a quick run to the bathroom but that usually doesn't take me more than 2 min. Frankly, 5 min is not enough time to do anything else. So I would either prefer them shorter, or much longer so that I have time to reheat food or feed the cat or have a smoke etc. (5 min is not enough for a bathroom break + any other activity combo)

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've never considered breaks to be long. Players have a lot of important things that they have to do only during poker breaks. Sometimes there's not even enough time.

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
They seem right to me, to have a drink, smoke or go to the bathroom, stretch my legs, free my mind, talk to someone, etc etc etc

KrazyKoo

KrazyKoo

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
I wish there was like 10 minute breaks, sometimes i cook during break and its tough in 5 minutes.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
5 minutes at:55 is perfect

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hate it when they have a break just as you start the final table. You are just on a roll and then the brakes go on for 5 minutes.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
3 minutes would be way too short, so i think a 5 minute break is good enough. even 10 or 15 minute break would be ideal in deep stack tournaments with a slow structure after 4 or 5 hours.

StArDemonn

StArDemonn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, 5 minutes it s ok but if a tournament lasts more than 5-6 hours I would like one bigger break. That s my though on it.

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
The breaks during poker tournaments are obviously needed but i wish that they were only 3 minutes long to be fair. That's more than enough time to go to the toilet and tbh people should have food either before the tournament starts or get it prepared and ready at your side for when you're playing. Other than those two reasons i really can't see anything else needed for a break. They are far too long IMO. Thoughts?
Well there was a old wise person who said if you fail to plan you plan to fall so always be prepared mentally and physically before a tournament.but five minutes is perfect sometimes you need a break just to take a deep breath and collect your thoughts five minutes is just enough time trust me a time will come when you’re going to need that five minutes.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I need tthose 5 min! Sometjmes just to close my eyes.

S

SteveAsh7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I think 5 minutes is good. Go to the bathroom, straighten your body, or eat a snack.
A break is always good for talking and also resting your mind, even if it's for 5 minutes, it helps a lot.
Resting your mind is a good one i'll give you that (y)
I think 5 min is a good break, i drink alot of water when i play so every break i need to go to the bathroom 😄
There is also time to make coffee and a sandwich.
Again... You can just prepare a big bottle of water more than enough to last you the entire tournament and 3 minutes is more than enough time for the bathroom each time. Eat before you play.
the 5-minute interval in my opinion is an idea, you can make some observations!
3 minutes seems more than fair to me but this is subjective of course. It seems half and half in regards to who wants 3 minutes and who wants longer.