How do you feel about breaks? (Timing wise)

S

SteveAsh7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
The breaks during poker tournaments are obviously needed but i wish that they were only 3 minutes long to be fair. That's more than enough time to go to the toilet and tbh people should have food either before the tournament starts or get it prepared and ready at your side for when you're playing. Other than those two reasons i really can't see anything else needed for a break. They are far too long IMO. Thoughts?

Djon25

Djon25

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You forgot about smokers. And if the tournament lasts more than five hours, then you want to eat, at least make some tea.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
i need every second of the 5 minute breaks . there's barely enough time to use the bathroom , check on pets + loved ones , eat or drink , look in the lobby for other tournies , or other poker sites , scan thru any email , etc etc

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Five minutes is really long. It is enough for 2-3 minutes. You can eat, drink or smoke while playing. All that remains is the toilet.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like how they are like now 5-6 minutes. It's ok for going to toilet , smoke , grab something to eat, etc
They have the option 'I'm ready ' on pokerstars yif you all agree but just on final table

S

SteveAsh7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Smoking yes i suppose but tea or coffee/drinks ect.. Why not use a flask that'll last hours? Something to eat and be prepared before the tournament starts i don't buy it. Smoking though there's no way round that if you don't like smoking or can't smoke in the house then fair enough.

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
5 minutes is more than enough to do everything.

W

whitetailbuck10

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I personally wouldn't want it any less than five minutes. Toilet, mix a fresh drink, maybe grab a bag of chips, let the dogs out for a quick pee, scan the lobby for any enemies or friends (oh wait it's poker, I have no friends.... hahaha) and all of a sudden break is over and I forgot to see if my wife needed a fresh drink and now I am in the doghouse....... yup I need six minutes obviously!!

A

Arnakk2424

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
5 minutes is ok,
if you are playing on multiple site and table can lass less then a minute

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like 5 minutes.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I certainly prefer 5 minutes

1KrazyMofo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
5mins is fine, enough to make coffee/ use the bathroom. I smoke at my pc/laptop though I do think its a dirty habbit that I need to quit, but wouldn't have time to do these things if I smoked on breaks... so I kind of have to smoke n play.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
If you think about it, some MTTs can last over 8 hours a 5-minute break is not much time. Even in an office job, it is recommended to
have every hour 5 minutes break and after 4 or at latest after 6 hours a 30 minutes break. Actually, I think in poker could be more breaks.
Maybe even differently split, like every half hour 2-3 minutes and after 2-3 hours a longer break.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Your post gives me a vibe of you not lasting that long in tournaments. If you play one table for 2 hours then you might not need a break. If you multitable and your session is at least 6 hours, you'd never post this message, sorry if it sounded rude 😀

S

SteveAsh7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Your post gives me a vibe of you not lasting that long in tournaments. If you play one table for 2 hours then you might not need a break. If you multitable and your session is at least 6 hours, you'd never post this message, sorry if it sounded rude 😀
No no offence taken. No i just get a flask and 5 mins is enough time for a quick smoke for me. That's all i need is a coffee and smoke, food can wait till later i only have dinner. I don't eat breakfast or snacks so perhaps that from what i can see from the majority of replies seems to be people's biggest problem with making it under 5 minutes.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The breaks during poker tournaments are obviously needed but i wish that they were only 3 minutes long to be fair. That's more than enough time to go to the toilet and tbh people should have food either before the tournament starts or get it prepared and ready at your side for when you're playing. Other than those two reasons i really can't see anything else needed for a break. They are far too long IMO. Thoughts?
I wish I had more time so I could finish washing the dishes.:ROFLMAO:

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wish it was a little longer like 7 minutes;)

N

NKGB13

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Man.. I got an opposite opinion.. sometimes the 5 mins aren't even enough.. ok for 2-3h tournaments to have faster breaks, but long sessions are tough and you will eventually need some food, water, or in my case a good and hot coffee ☕️!!

2 mins wouldn't be enough to go to the kitchen to boile the water..

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I like 5 minute breaks. It is just enough time to go the toilet, make a cup of tea, open the window and stretch your legs. 5 minutes are gone faster than people think!

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Anyone thinking that 5 min break is too long must be absolutely obsessed with poker ...

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think 5 minutes is good. Go to the bathroom, straighten your body, or eat a snack.
A break is always good for talking and also resting your mind, even if it's for 5 minutes, it helps a lot.

O

oldbutslow

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think 5 min is a good break, i drink alot of water when i play so every break i need to go to the bathroom 😄
There is also time to make coffee and a sandwich.

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
the 5-minute interval in my opinion is an idea, you can make some observations!