How do you decide when to end a session?

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You do right that you increase the length of the session when you win.
In this case, you need to end the session when you feel tired and it is difficult for you to be focused

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
I usually decide to end a game session in the following situations ...
1- When the bankroll ends.
2- When I'm playing and for some reason I start to feel tired.
3- When the total daily hours destined to play per day are finished. (I have a schedule to play a maximum of 8 hours per day)

Jezdic

Jezdic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not know about the others but in my case there is no end of the season

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Spin n Go have an addicting quality. I too find myself start playing one or two just for the fun but then it gets serious and play a ton of them.

The level of fishes in them make it seem like its super profitable game. Winning some jackpots here and there getting a 4x 6x multiplier seems also like a good bang for your buck and some nice easy money.

Before you know it, those AJs versus J3o bad beats may get you in a mini tilt or all those up and downs would leave your bankroll the same, so why not play an other one? Until your bankroll start hurting. And move up in buyins to chase losses.

The best option is to not play them at all, but since they are so addicting what I normally do is change to play money. The point here is if you cant stop playing at least not lose money.

For when to stop other than spin n gos, I would say if you are tilted, tired, or start losing and that is getting under your skin.

D

Dsqtq

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know that i'm done when i play more 3 hours at session

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
if the session of the day has been negative, there are moments that I say: stop and try later or another day, but if the session is being positive, I try not to extend the session so much because I think we all have a limit, many times the tiredness It can affect the game, sometimes it is not easy to decide to stop a session when it is being positive, but as I say we all have a limit

RutgersOneTime

RutgersOneTime

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mostly player MTTs so it's a little bit easier for me to set limits. I figure out which tournaments I want to put in my daily set, and I stick to those tournaments no matter what happens.

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me whenever I sit down to play an mtt schedule, I identify what high value tournaments I want to play and register for a set schedule. I will only deviate from that if I am feeling tilted/spewy then I might un register some tournaments and quit early. I think each day you should identify the amount of time you have to play and set a schedule for your session, and you can always quit early if needed.

V

vwpokernut

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
check your tilt

get up

walk around

breathe in and out

really evaluate your mental fortitude

then decide

being in the same position and space, won't have a realistic idea of how you're feeling

M

MadMan999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I have a bad game for a long time, I stop the session and make a break for an 1 hour. I tell about cash games.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
As a rule, I stop playing poker if I feel tired. But basically I play 3-4 hours a day.
Good luck.

Santiman

Santiman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play til I'm tired.. Or I started noticing Im making stupid dicisions

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Difficult decision, if you have a bankroll - poker is hard to stop! Most players play to complete bankruptcy! Sorry, but me too!

123cards321

123cards321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
really interesting subject

great question! This is a very important subject, I have seen a great difference on my game when I am tired I have to eat or exercise (pushups, abdominal workouts) to not get to sleepy while playing.

The thing is that a lot of good tournaments are late at night so sometimes you have to manage and know how to not let being tired affect your game. However, it is better if you wait and play when you know you are rested and have enough time to play a tournament that usually takes about 3 hours if you win it.

I prefer playing tournaments, when I play cash games I just stop playing when im tired.

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I also wanted information on this subject, why the same thing happens to me, I just happen to do it the same way I can not stop going into the shootings that think I'm going to nail some!

G

Glev Jr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stop the play when I want to sleep ))

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think its best to quit when you no longer feel you have an edge. If you are tired, hungry, or distracted its best to take a break.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For me I usually know when to stop a session when my chip stack is getting smaller and smaller. Also when I'm getting knocked out of tournament after tournament quicker and quicker, it's time to stop.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I know one year it was easy to quit playing a poker session, because that is when our clubhouse closed, at midnite. It stopped me from staying up all nite and sleeping all day.

StArDemonn

StArDemonn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it feels like everything is against me I quit for ex in 2 h playing I lost Ak vs AQ,AA vs JJ 2 times and had bigger pair and the opponent always made a set like 4 5 times on the river lost all in with AQ vs Q3 he made a straight on river this all pots were all in preflop or on the flop,I 3bet he called and he shove the flop but the funny thing is they didn't't made a set or straight or whatever on flop always the river..

SAKhur

SAKhur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I play a tournament, it is one long or several short. The cache in play as long the session is being positive

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I stop playing if I feel tired. But in any case, I never play more than 5 hours a day.

F

FuncrusherPlus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It should be really be when you are unable to play your A game. But if you don't have the discipline to turn if off even when you know you should you need to set a hard limit. (time wise or number of tables)

It cannot be stressed enough how much discipline plays a role in results. Cue up "Discipline" by Gangstarr if you have to. Guru (RIP) will set you straight.

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I stop playing when I feel tired.:):):)