How Do You Deal With Fast Blind Structures?

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I can't build a big stack , only rarelly . So most of the times I go to shove/fold mode , and hope to get lucky (and be right for my shove/fold decisions :))

P

PST

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
shove more

With turbo and especially hyper-turbo, when I get to middle of the tourney, or near mid-pack, you HAVE TO SHOVE. I take a FML(tourney life) approach to those. You can't wait for premium hands, because the blinds and ante build fast, and your fold equity decreases with every rotation. If you wait too long, your equity is too low to make people fold. Then it's shove and/or die. And even if you survive, you're still on a short stack. Less skill, more luck involved. I like the regular pace ones most, but in turbo, that's my approach.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
When you are willing to play to a fast tournament, I think you must be prepaired before and get in dynamically. Poker is psycology in a big percentage!

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You should understand some key factors in order play them correctly , the variance or the doom switch -call it whatever you like- will always be there.The thing is to make +EV plays.

-Have a push/fold chart , there are many out there for free, waiting for total monsters will blind you out
-adapt those ranges based on the line up of villains behind to act
-understand when you must apply pressure , bubble phases , pay jumps etc
-understand against which stack size you should attack and why
-always know the average stack - since you are asking about the CC tournaments- take a look at the average stack , if a double up takes you to the first 5 places then no need for rush and bottom range open jams
-pray to win the flips

Good Luck :pcguru:

MMaki1981

MMaki1981

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not Ideal but Doable

Ideally, I don't like playing tournaments with a fast blind structure UNLESS there is a really long late registration period, then I'd prefer the levels be short.

If I do play a fast blind structure tourney I will play super tight and then grind with only certain playable cards. Whereas if the blind structure is slow, the range of cards I am willing to play opens up. While I may not be willing to risk a ton, I am more willing to call blinds or a small raise with any 2 cards just to see the flop.

ACR has these new on demand micro buy-in tourneys. They are a $0.65 buy-in and they have weird blind levels. It will go from being 200/400 to 1500/3000 then drop back down to 300/600 for example. They are called 'Survival Mode KO' and since they are 'KO' tourneys you get $0.20 bounty for every player you take out. They are super fun if you can get use to how the blinds fluctuate. They only downfall is that just alike any other KO tourney, there are many pushers.

thetzarofpoker

thetzarofpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems unless I hit a monster early on I'm already in shove mode an hour in with a 10bb stack. How do you guys deal with this? Just buckle up and accept the variance and play the usual tight early MTT strategy? Or loosen up and try to build a stack?

How much should a shorter level timer affect opening range?

Have to play very agresive... Button an Big Blind if you have an A all in .. no enought chips to make normal playing.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not play these tournaments. But if it has to play very tight but aggressive because there is a lot of loose players who paid off me my good hands!