How to deal with limpers?

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yesterday I had a freaking bad beat after bad beat after a limper, he would always limp, AA/QQ/58o or whatsofrigging ever, he was a calling station. u could never put him on a range or nothing. Although I tried to modify my strategy, I eventually lost chips and got mad after two bad beats in a row and went full tilt. How do you manage this kind of situation with loose passive calling station players?

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!To be honest we all have such days and some even have weeks.I analyze the hands and think what I'm doing wrong-it helps me further in the game.You will not always be a winner, but you need to work on errors periodically.Good luck friend-watch out for mistakes.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Let them limp,,,,i luv a cheap date. :)

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Let them limp,,,,i luv a cheap date. :)
Seriously dude, I modified my street bets, I tried check raising, limping too, whatever I tried he manages to have better hand post flop than mine. Each time I was losing 6/ 8 BB to her/him, knowing that I started the tournament in late reg with 33 bigs.
AKo he had 7Ton AJ5T7, I thought the 7 was a brick but he just improved to two pairs, I lost about 7 bigs.
He limped with AA, I raised btn with AdQh x3.15, BB called, I missed the flop BB went allin, he called on a wet board with Ts2s9c spades, wasnt gonna call with two over cards. then I saw he had AhAc he beat AsTc, PS. BB had about 17Bigs.
He kept limping and milking the table, I have never seen such a strategy, more a PLO or PLH than NLH, I mean wtf.
QQ he limped, someone went allin he snap called and won that pot aswell. I mean this is just crazy. How to frigging deal with such a player? I mean if he calls you cant put him on a hand, he can have AA or 5T, so u never know what to do, how much to bet nor nothing. if you check he checks back, if you bet he calls or 3bets, thats just crazy so you end up missing value on the streets, or wait until the river to bet. so u end up fu**ed both ways

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think Dusty Schmidt put it best "punish the limpers". If they call too much -value own them, if they fold too much - cbet them to death.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Players of this style are typical fish. If they win every hand, they are also called cheaters. I am against such opponents, hyper aggressively, with premium hands.

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think Dusty Schmidt put it best "punish the limpers". If they call too much -value own them, if they fold too much - cbet them to death.
I do, when he limped I charged him big to see the flop. x3.15 is lot of chips, cant 3bet a limper. flop 1/2 pot, what am I gonna do, go allin? thats stupid!!

Riccoboni

Riccoboni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4.5x, 3bet, 4bet.. first barrel, second barrel.. all-in!! or overbet!! always.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would try to play with minimal losses several times to see what he is playing and what he is doing post-flop for example. You need more information about such a player to understand his game, the most important thing is not to rush !!!

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, indeed, these are very difficult opponents. I think a good way, this is a very an attentive and careful game. Your cards don't matter against such a player. Eliminate risk, reduce bluff, remove aggression and pressure. I think such players start to put pressure on you when they have a very weak, but still a combination on the table. You have the right to answer, but only if you are absolutely sure of winning and you need to play all in, so as not to leave any chances for the opponent to beat you.. This is not very easy, but sometimes it helps in the game. Another way, it is very simple, but sometimes also brings success, avoid such an opponent at the table and limit your game - only call preflop)

papapokera85

papapokera85

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I do not know. I like to limp myself, it's cool)

Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are several ways to protect yourself from limpers. You could increase the amount of the raises at the beginning and play fewer hands in return to show that you are more likely to play with premium hands or very good starting hands. In late position, you should probably 3-bet with medium-strength hands. However, if there are a lot of limpers at the table, it remains difficult. And premium hands (AA, KK, QQ) also lose a lot in value with 3 - 4 players in one hand.

S

suehtam05

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all I try to remain calm and perceive that i am not the only other person in the table. I don't need to be in every single pot agains someone. it is not your dutty to beat specific him and if you think like it is you are more likely to make bad moves. if he limps a lot and is a calling station play fewer hands agains him and the ones you play bet big. if a real bad beat takes you out of the table, well it happens

A

Akena

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on the players I have on my table. Some I pay attention and some I do x3 if I have a good hand. When I limp is when I have a pair, unless the opening was not made at 2.5 to fold the small blind and the big blind, i bet!

MJ23Bullz

MJ23Bullz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There are several approaches you can try to deal with limpers.

Preflop you just can iso-raise them, to catch them in bad spots otherwise they will just wait for the flop to make a hand and be able to win pots that they were not supposed to win.

Post flop you just can add value to your hands beting the low boards and trying to catch them with a good range (AA to 77).

Thats the way i deal with them, hope this help to you and don't discourage yourself dealing with limp-boys hehe.

Greetings from argentina;)

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Avoid the limper, and let the others put him out.

Eventually, the limper is going to lose.

Funkyst3t

Funkyst3t

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And what's wrong with the tactics of playing through the limp?

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
best way i found to deal with limpers is to pick and choose premium hands against him. Knowing they call everything, if you are strong, Push him all in.

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
best way i found to deal with limpers is to pick and choose premium hands against him. Knowing they call everything, if you are strong, Push him all in.
Good one, but u know how that only 12% of hands are premium and I was playing 20%, so go figure

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seriously dude, I modified my street bets, I tried check raising, limping too, whatever I tried he manages to have better hand post flop than mine. Each time I was losing 6/ 8 BB to her/him, knowing that I started the tournament in late reg with 33 bigs.
AKo he had 7Ton AJ5T7, I thought the 7 was a brick but he just improved to two pairs, I lost about 7 bigs.
He limped with AA, I raised btn with AdQh x3.15, BB called, I missed the flop BB went allin, he called on a wet board with Ts2s9c spades, wasnt gonna call with two over cards. then I saw he had AhAc he beat AsTc, PS. BB had about 17Bigs.
He kept limping and milking the table, I have never seen such a strategy, more a PLO or PLH than NLH, I mean wtf.
QQ he limped, someone went allin he snap called and won that pot aswell. I mean this is just crazy. How to frigging deal with such a player? I mean if he calls you cant put him on a hand, he can have AA or 5T, so u never know what to do, how much to bet nor nothing. if you check he checks back, if you bet he calls or 3bets, thats just crazy so you end up missing value on the streets, or wait until the river to bet. so u end up fu**ed both ways
So you already know, what to do with limpers, why do you ask? Haha, just kidding, he just got lucky, that happens. I love these type, because when they bet you know they have it. If you have it, he will call...

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here's a good video to watch that might help you deal with limpers.

The other thing too is, it seems to affect your mental game, that it upsets you and you go on tilt. So, instead of blaming the limper for causing you to lose chips, do some self-scouting on what it is that upsets you so much. Then, try to utilize strategies to resolve THAT issue so that you can focus clearly on making good decisions against a limper. Otherwise, if you don't resolve THIS issue, then you have no chance to counteract a limper's strategy.

I had a situation in an MTT where I had KT UTG and I min-raised, and the player 3 to my left in the cutoff min 3-bet to 3 big blinds, and the big blind shoved. I think the big blind had QK and min 3-better had Aces of course. Flop was AKK, so I would have been dead. These players are actually not that difficult to play against, once you start to get some information on them.

Kompany

Kompany

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's important to figure out what kind of limper the player is, and to analyse where limping from, in terms of sequence. Then also it would depend on how the table is reacting - it may be that there is already a player that is always reacting to the limper, which means you don't always have to react.

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
raise him with strong play, with connectors play passive and without play try to control the pot.