Dewitten

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good aproche as you were saying.
With good hands go all-in instead.
Feerolls are most the time turbo's , so if you have a hand like A-A, K-K you wont get an other chanche.

DieCosta

DieCosta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bingo

every time a play a freeroll is like to go play bingo all the players want to play every single hand all of them play to limp call so the first limts of the game i play very few hands premium hands AA KK QQ JJ TT AK suit AQ suit and i play very agressive the players will not respect any bet even doing all in pre flop tehy will not fold theirs cards .

R

RaydonPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The fact that free rolls are turbos or even super turbos make me feel inclined to go all-in more. But playing tight does pay off sometimes, and only playing the premium hands

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Hi.At the begin of a freeroll my strategy is loose .When blinds are small suited connectors etc is call for me.Building a stack and then you can play .If you play tight at 6-7 blinds later you will have trouble even with AA or KK.(a chip leader with 9k can call all in 1.5 k and your Aa could be at 0 %.)

neiroob

neiroob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the start, I play conservatively, waiting for a good hand and not trying to steal the blinds.

Joco413

Joco413

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just go all in early and try to double/triple up as soon as possible. Otherwise you will be left behind and shortstacked in no time which makes it unlikely to reach the final table. Also this way you don't waste much time either on playing freerolls.

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a freeroll I sometimes will shove the big hands (10 10 on up for pocket pairs and aq or ak). When I get a stack going I will get more conservative and take flops with suited connectors as such. Usually it's hard to get into flops at the beginning of a game so that's the time to wait for the premiums.

Vachina

Vachina

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not see any viable reason to threat a freeroll any different from a regular game.

Well, I guess lack of motivation in some freerols can make me to bet bigger. But I'd say that it is unhealthy in general to threat tournaments differently based on their buyin level.

L

lokinet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not see any viable reason to threat a freeroll any different from a regular game.

Well, I guess lack of motivation in some freerols can make me to bet bigger. But I'd say that it is unhealthy in general to threat tournaments differently based on their buyin level.

in the theory i think you are right. if you play a good poker on normal mtt you also can do it on freeroll. but in the beginn of freerolls where everyone i allowed, not including the freeroll club here, it is helpful to play a bit tighter

Vachina

Vachina

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in the theory i think you are right. if you play a good poker on normal mtt you also can do it on freeroll. but in the beginn of freerolls where everyone i allowed, not including the freeroll club here, it is helpful to play a bit tighter
Ahm. I used to think that way too, but now a days I realised how much better I am then an average joe in a freeroll in post-flop spots. I don't go ape lose, but I don't think it's a good idea to give up on your edge based on prejudice of it being a freeroll.

Regarss

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play a TAG style. Once I get a good hand I’m playing it very aggressively. I know there are many players going all in with any 2 cards. I tend to wait until I have it so I can capitalize. If I get them to reshove their bingo hands hopefully I hold and build my stack up.

Z

Zhud

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are pretty easy to play. you only need to act very aggressively, but at the same time tight. and it is not necessary to watch the flop. After all, it will be necessary to risk all the chips even preflop to get as far as possible in the tournament