Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
it's certainly cool advice to just play and not go all-in, but when it's time to play all-in anyway and you'll still do it, you just have to do it right and at the right time maybe you just do it with bad cards and that's why you lose, you should see how you lose and what cards you already watch with if there are any mistakes or you're just out of luck

Canaldo Kao

Canaldo Kao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've noticed that every time I've been knocked out of a tournament I've made the same mistake.
I've gone all in.

Don't go all in and you won't get knocked out.
Losing is always difficult my friend, but we have to persist if we want to get far!(y)🤜🤛💪

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The alternative is to just keep allowing the blinds to eat you up until you're put all-in with no choice because you don't even have enough chips to cover the blinds.

Going all-in during a tournament is a valid strategy and has its place and time, and if you decide that you're never going to go all-in then you're severely limiting your chances of making a deep run and winning.

Getting eliminated is part of tournament poker - if you don't want to ever get eliminated from a tournament then don't enter them.

rsparente

rsparente

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Best thing to do is to deal with your downswings in a logical way, think what was wrong, and get to know how you might have avoided it with actionable items.

This is part of a poker's book philosophy.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it depends on the hand you go all, if you shove with aces and lose you are just unlucky however going all with a middle pair or a hand like kj, or kq can make you lose many times because most players wont call your shove with a weaker hand than yours, specially in early and middle stages of the tournament unless you are very short stacked, in that case you might get called with weaker hands...

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I've noticed that every time I've been knocked out of a tournament I've made the same mistake.
I've gone all in.

Don't go all in and you won't get knocked out.
Logical :)
And you can just not play poker and then you will never lose anything.
If you go all-in without sufficient reasons and hope only for luck, then such a game of poker turns into a game of bingo. Don't play bingo, play poker :)

c.heck

c.heck

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
NO
Chips
The alternative is to just keep allowing the blinds to eat you up until you're put all-in with no choice because you don't even have enough chips to cover the blinds.
You have to avoid blinded all in too.
If you follow my recommendation, you're going to win. :cool:

Dzill_230

Dzill_230

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi everyone! I've always thought I have a good sense of humor, but where's the irony here, Andreas? That he's out of the tournament after all-in? Don't go all-in so you don't get knocked out? I agree with the opinion of forum members that sooner or later you will have to go all-in, because the speed of blind growth will simply crush you if you slow down or wait for a good hand. Why should you initially think you lost? It's scary, play with play money until you get over that feeling. As Sun Tzu's book “The Art of War” says, our goal is victory, not the duration of the campaign. Good luck to everyone!

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I remember Daniel Negreanu making 10 minutes to decide whether to call an all in with AK. Many of us amateurs would just snap ship those cards. Shows how much you need to think before committing your entire stack in a tournament.

Tomash7788

Tomash7788

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
First of all you need to have patience to endure bad cards. Second, don't lose all chips and you are good.

kaynbergo

kaynbergo

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't understand why you're so afraid to go all-in, if I have 10 blinds, I'd rather go all-in with a good hand than put marginal hands in that hand for a small bet that catches me.

bullkk

bullkk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also often lose when I go to the all-in.

c.heck

c.heck

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
NO
Chips
Hi everyone! I've always thought I have a good sense of humor, but where's the irony here, Andreas? That he's out of the tournament after all-in? Don't go all-in so you don't get knocked out? I agree with the opinion of forum members that sooner or later you will have to go all-in, because the speed of blind growth will simply crush you if you slow down or wait for a good hand. Why should you initially think you lost? It's scary, play with play money until you get over that feeling. As Sun Tzu's book “The Art of War” says, our goal is victory, not the duration of the campaign. Good luck to everyone!
I think you got the point without realizing it yourself.

I also often lose when I go to the all-in.
I don't lose all all-in.
Every time I've been eliminated I've been all in. Big difference.

Rost

Rost

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If you never take risks, you will never succeed. Risk is just a part of success, especially in a game like poker. I do not suggest that you play all hands in a row, but there are strong cards with which you can and should take risks.

DanielNeg

DanielNeg

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NP
Chips
That a good question friend to stay in the tournament without getting knocked in the early stages or mid stages you should not go all in with one pair, 2 pair hands only go all in if you have nuts otherwise earn chips or lose chips on the basis of strength of your hand hope this helps!!

Mag_P1e

Mag_P1e

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Or another piece of advice - if you don’t sit down to play, they will never be able to knock you out! Real talk, think about it :D:D

c.heck

c.heck

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
NO
Chips
Or another piece of advice - if you don’t sit down to play, they will never be able to knock you out! Real talk, think about it :D:D
??? If you don't sit down, you hav to stand up. That's what we do when we're all-in. No-no don't do that.

Last edited:
luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
How to avoid elimination from the tournament, it also happens to me, but I'm learning poker, no two situations are the same, you just need to stay alive, imagine that the chips are your children, then you won't give them to your opponent so easily

aquilex2799

aquilex2799

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The problem is that to win we also have to go all-in. The risk is proportional to the benefit.