Holy crap,these double-up STT SnGs on Carbon....

Salty Mouse

Salty Mouse

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
... are the easiest money ever!

Anybody play these things?

Ten entrants, if you make the last five you double your money.

I could sit and cash in these all day, but for a lot of you I'm sure the EV isn't worth it.

I guess if you ever get low on funds and want a better cash option than freerolls ...

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think all sites have them. Tilt now has a different format, and I havent played it. It a ICM type pay out once ITM. So if you are SS you kinda only get your BI back with change.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think all sites have them. Tilt now has a different format, and I havent played it. It a ICM type pay out once ITM. So if you are SS you kinda only get your BI back with change.

pokerstars cut the DoNs from their site.

Salty, practise adding on more tables. Some players have used the DoNs to build decent bankrolls for themselves. Lots of players specialize in them.

It's great that you're kickin' azz in them. There are some definite adjustments that need to be made in them (ie. much tighter calling range vs shoves due to flat payout structure... if you have a decent stack it's often correct to fold monsters).

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Holy crap if you want to learn a bunch about the DoNs (Double Or Nothing SNG's) then for sure you want to check out this thread here https://www.cardschat.com/forum/poker-goals-challenges-wins-46/

This member "WurlyQ" was down to ~$10 in his account (after cashing out) & shares about his experience with DoNs in the thread above. Along with his journey of $10 to $500 (which incidentally he ended up taking much higher) he outlines a solid strategy for winning in the DoNs ( "Winning!" ).

Some great stuff in there. Give it a go.

suit2please

suit2please

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea I played a bunch of these on Players Only, now on merge, so the same as carbon. Definitely a good way to build a bankroll, but not too many going at any one time. Not unheard of to have 3-4 regulars on a table depending on the hours you play. At least in the $5s and $10s from what I saw, but even then they were still profitable.

M

madhat4

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So PokerStars cut their DoNs? Maybe full tilt might still have some going on. Might be worth a shot.

SYWTWAF

SYWTWAF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I recently made an account on Lock Poker (also a Merge skin) through the CC code, and have played and cashed in two of these. My opponents were indeed weak, but since it was my first time playing DoNs and I didn't yet feel completely comfortable with the format, I decided to leave it at that. But if they're indeed as fishy as you say, I may have to give them a serious second look (after reading the above linked thread). I just hope these games' fishiness being outed in a public forum doesn't completely... destroy their fishiness.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
FYI, pokerstars stopped offering those games because they could not prevent cheaters from invading them, so much so that all the top players of the format ended up being part of the same chinese collusion ring. FTP will never offer them for the very same reason.

Because of the payout system and ICM, the reward for colluding by chip dumping to keep your friends with smaller stacks alive is huge, and it's almost impossible to police that properly.

It's a disgrace that any site would continue offering those games knowing all this.

S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah,double ups at Carbon are great,i play it and i am generally satisfied...but do you know some other rooms where it's available?..exept Pokerstars and full tilt?:/