• Start date
MTT Database Review

MTT Database Review

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CZ
Chips
Hi Vojta, thank you for the thread on tournaments.

Blind vs blind....it folds around to me in the SB - do you ever give the BB a walk?

Do you raise a standard amount here from the SB?
In theory you should fold around 15 % of the time. In some tough ICM spots like final table or bubble with a big stack on BB, it might be higher, even 50 %, but sometimes when you are the big stack it can also be zero. The main action is just a limp, raises are used a bit less, especially deepstacked. Anb obviously shallower there will be lot of openjams.

I would often fold even less than 15 %, because people generally play pretty bad on BB, mainly folding too much, so I can get them to fold more preflop but also postflop.

Extremely shallow around 10bb it might be a minraise, then like 2,3x 2,5x.. around 20bb standard is around 3bb and eventually deeperstacked the standard size is between 3,5-4x.

Couple of examples here:

Attachments

• Screenshot_1990.png
    Screenshot_1990.png
    98.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_1991.png
    Screenshot_1991.png
    99.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_1992.png
    Screenshot_1992.png
    94.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_1993.png
    Screenshot_1993.png
    90 KB · Views: 5
Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In general I am not a fan of limping the SB in Battle of the Blinds.

My reason is - I am not offering the BB a chance to fold preflop. And, the BB gets a chance to flop a good hand even with his junk.

The main action is just a limp, raises are used a bit less, especially deepstacked. Anb obviously shallower there will be lot of openjams.
In live events - whenever I limp the SB - if the BB is a knowledgeable player they then shove on me preflop. So I have stopped doing that.

Extremely shallow around 10bb it might be a minraise, then like 2,3x 2,5x.. around 20bb standard is around 3bb and eventually deeperstacked the standard size is between 3,5-4x.
Now you talk about reasonable raises. When considering these standard raises I always ask myself - what does the BB think I am communicating to him about my hand with the amount I am raising.

Is the real question whether or not I want the BB to fold or if I want to keep him on the hook?

I appreciate your perspective.

MTT Database Review

MTT Database Review

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CZ
Chips
Massive congratulations to Roman Hrabec, winner of the Triton Main Event for $4,330,000 USD! And of course a happy returning client of MTT Database Review.

123261 05 1762796Screenshot 1996