High-Stakes Poker: Collin Moshman analyzes top poker pros heads-up (Video)

shanest

shanest

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
Very informative video. Do we think that's a good hand from Bonomo to bluff with considering no blockers? I guess it's a pure ICM play

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks Freeman, I agree that heads-up is a fun and difficult format!

Great to see you ITT AlexBlefer, glad you enjoyed the video!

Makisaa, I agree this would be very spewy against most players, but might be correct against a top and unpredictable player like Bonomo who can still have a lot of different hands going into the river.

Andrew, I agree that HU limit is pretty solved, but I think there's still lots of good action in other formats. Thanks and glad you liked the video!

25Infantryman, thanks!

RidersFan, That's an excellent take-away from this video. Well done :)

Bentley, thanks a lot! And definitely unlucky when your opponent has a full house heads-up with short stacks :D

Shanest, glad you liked the video! Given that Bonomo is at the bottom of his range, I think it's a good hand to bluff since it has the most to gain. Great question to be asking.

PsychoVas

PsychoVas

What The Duck???
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Thanks for the video, Colin!
HU is always a tough spot, especially when you are the underdog.
Pretty gutsy call that one with the Nines, with a draw heavy board full off overcards.
As for the final hand, trapping at this spot is extremely easy and profitable, or as my late dad used to say (loosely tranlated): "Ckecking eats the chips".

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hiro's call is incredible! And the bluff in the same hand is very good! I realized from the video that you don’t need to stay the opponent when you have a stack difference of a couple of blinds in top 3, math is math.

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very good video, I happened something similar in several games when three players are, what happened that I was eliminated in third place in the video, the last time happened to me this, I had AQs and I was in the big blind AKo very good explanation to try to win a tournament and reading that took place in it.

lucas24

lucas24

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interesting analysis! It's too difficult to play a heads up in a final table tournament. How do you comment on the video, I think is very important have a good timing because the opponent in that situations can bluffing us very often and catch him can give us the tournament.

M

Muzyka1996

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would never go to the end with hands like 10 9, especially with such a stack ... he had to go all-in after the flop

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you Collin.
Very interesting video.
I sum it up like this, when head up, always apply the max amount of pressure all the time on the opponent.

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have to say that there is nothing really spectacular in this video. Whoever uses CC as a source of info and learning, by now knows what pressure is when you have the big stack, especially in late stages of the MTT, more so at the final tables.

However, for majority of the players here I have to advise caution when doing this in their tournaments. Reason: their opponents don't have a clue about ICM pressure, how pay jumps affect the overall play and ranges etc. therefore, it is likely they will call with a wider range of hands, but also shove with tighter ranges.

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When in top 3 you have to play more louse,the 3 place fold AT wish had more equity and was in front of KQo of Bonomo,for shoving next hand QJ.
I dont think the Elmerix final hand play was good,yes,Bonomo is going to bet is top and botom off rangue,but this is a HU,is not a normal hand,so he is going to Slowplay the nuts a lot too.

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
thanks for the video, Collin and for this analysis.
I was very surprised that the bluff, which can be very scary, did not work.
that concerns A 10, me seems in such a position should follow phone call.

king11682

king11682

Kimba
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Well played by Justin, having a high stake, bad decision of the opponent in the end trying a bluff.

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I like analize pro player playing, but i think "elmerixx" went too far with this hand with nothing, Bonomo will never fold a full house, but heads up play is it , we never know what can happen....

Miguel Chacon

Miguel Chacon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Nice Video Thanks Mr Mossman good analysisthis high stake is an other level is amazing how they analyse all situations and how agressive they are I will keep working hard to reach that level of understanding the game so many awesome strategies is just super cool to see !

zam220

zam220

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It was nice to see the video! Thanks for the video, Colin!!Pressure on the opponent - the main thing in the game one on one !

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Its fun to watch skilled high stakes players in a heads up battle like this. But for most of us who probably play micro stakes, I wouldn't recommend playing hands like T9 or 56. I personally would avoid these hands like the plague in this situation.

Ivansito26

Ivansito26

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
speaking of high stake are words greater than you think I am a fish in deep waters, but it is good to see big gamblers, it is something that teaches us a lot and we start to think big .. today there are many players of big bets that They do stremers and it is really good to see their movements that are simply common as some of players with less stake, it is only to have confidence in oneself .. and good video and article

Rosxana13

Rosxana13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow amazing ... top level hand where they make those bluffs and move so secure of themselves being at the heads up playing for the tourney I would be super nervous of every call and all in situation even on CC freerolls (which I have only won one on 888Poker ) seriously I think is really strong mental game there also

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the video and for this analysis. Playing High-stakes experienced players consider heads-up to be true poker.

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
Great analysis, nice head-up and fantastic call by elmerix with 9T... :D

Thanks for the video Collin! :)