Help.. I wanna become less nitty

E

Eclipsenz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I don't know if nitty is the word but like I said I don't like to get all my chips in unless I know I'm good or have heaps of outs, players realise this and hence why I probably get reraised PF and then I retract to not raising at all unless I have some good premiums which is really bad.. I wasn't always like this I think its more tilt from the last 50-100 games I've had.

I'll call marginal hands, more so in position than anywhere else.. I kinda say to myself, right.. I'll call/raise with this much of my stack, I.E starting to 1500 I'd loosely play my chips, and if it didn't work once I got under 1000 I'd tighten back up.

In a single SNG, with this play I always get paid out.. but with MTT my leaks really show and later on I really get shoved around, play too tight I.E I'd wanna call the raise but the persons bet is too large to warrant me calling it etc.. I.E 1/4 of my stack even if he himself is overplaying his hands.

Also another thing I don't get is to reraise and when and its not just reraising its pushing someone off the likes of something like a-j or whatever, when I myself might have 7-2... I just go but wait,, what if they really have a hand.

And lets say flop comes.

3,J,K I get paranoid thinking well hes gotto have hit that sometimes I even test it but shit I always get called or reraised which basicly throws a roadblock up with my play...

I never use to be like this I could bluff/ semi bluff easy but just in the past month I think I've lost my 'mojo' and I'm getting bullied when blinds go up something kronik.

Another thing which doesn't help is someone may have bullied me all game and he does it again and lets say I raise on A-8 he reraises or goes all in even.. I've had enough and go you seriously can't have the nuts so I call only to see he actually does have something like A-K.

And since that play failed I be even more careful when someone makes the same play again etc...

Gee I dunno I really trying to get the grasp of poker I'm a much better Live player than an online one but still thats beside the point.. help me!

Btw I don't wanna take a break I really wanna get this reraise/shove someone off down to a T.

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try playing a low-stakes SNG while covering up your cards. In other words, play position, stack size and reads only, without considering your holding. This should help to cure you of being overly card-dependent.

You might also try reading Arnold Snyder`s book "The Poker Tournament Formula". In this book, he explains at length that cards are only one of the weapons at your disposal in a tournament, and that position and stack size are equally important.

P

playerk7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you need to gamble sometimes, my buddy never likes to get his chips in, well he is still playing at the 1 penny 2 penny table for that reason, yes 90 percent of the time you wanna play solid but somtimes you have to gamble to win