Have you won any freeroll satellites on PS?

ednaroza

ednaroza

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Hey all! I was wondering if any of you have won any of the countless free satellites that are available on pokerstars? I have played a lot of those, but have never even got close to winning a seat to the next one. It seems to be a total roulette as there are a lot of players involved, you start with 12.5 BB or so and the blinds increase every 1-2 mins (Hyper, Turbo?). Also, I am beginning to think there is even no point in playing those, as they are a satellite to a satellite to a satellite..... to the real tournament :D

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are talking about the open to all players satellites on PS, I don't even play them. It's just too many players and I don't think it's worth the time.

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I hardly play them. But PokerStars sometimes runs very cool satellites with lots of tickets to top tournaments. I won tickets for $2.2, $5.5 and $11, but that's it.

M

mrfastflow

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes i won 2 times I never take rebuy but allways take addon usually i dont play this funny tournaments but i play every day in poker if i have place on screen sometimes i on

One times I won ticket then I won ticket than i be second boubole boy in satelite for 82$ and "win" 16$ really big prize propably that not happend again

T

To6Po6

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I don`t play them too many people

F

freerobert

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
The best Strategie to WIN profitable tickes in this freerolls is: Just play freerolls with tickets for $5,50 or higher (not the $2,20)

Play super lose and try to win big Pots. Pull much Players Preflop all-in and hope to win. If you bust, REBUY. With this you should maximal pay $1,10. This you will do until the Add-on is possible. If you have won 40.ooo Chips or more, DONT play again, just chill and wait for the Add-on to buy. Let your timebank just running up and fold then.

Then buy the Addon. In worst case you have now 55.000 Chips, in best case maybe 180.000 and Chiplead. From here on are just round about 70-150 Players in the turnament and you need in most cases just 1, 2 or 3 hands to win (double up) to get the ticket.

This turnaments starts really after the Add-on!!!

If you get close to the tickets and have good Chips JUST CHILL, dont act. Just play AA, KK, maybe QQ and AK (better not). Waiting is here often better as playing and losing against a lucky guy. In this Phase of turnament (if you are in the Ticket Zone) 88 is NOT a good hand to play! Dont do it. Just fold after let running your timebank down. Timeplay after addon ALWAYS!

So the less you pay in the Rebuy-Phase, you get the Tickets profitable. This is my best Strategie after playing much of them. But at the time this Freerolls are not awaylable in germany :/

This is of course not 100% save (because it´s poker) to win a ticket, but the best Way, with i had won the most of them. Wish you good luck with this.

P.S. After winning the ticket you play of course the $5,50 Ticket and win the next step to $109 turnament :) ...got on this way one time $289 in the $109 turnament, with less than $1 Buy-In.

P.P.S. I think, without buying REBUYS and the Add-on, you will win maybe in 1/150 cases a ticket.

Last edited:
Tadi

Tadi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Hey all! I was wondering if any of you have won any of the countless free satellites that are available on PokerStars? I have played a lot of those, but have never even got close to winning a seat to the next one. It seems to be a total roulette as there are a lot of players involved, you start with 12.5 BB or so and the blinds increase every 1-2 mins (Hyper, Turbo?). Also, I am beginning to think there is even no point in playing those, as they are a satellite to a satellite to a satellite..... to the real tournament :D
The tournaments you mentioned are pointless to play. There are PS tournaments with a larger number of tickets. I recently played a tournament where 500 $11 tickets were given away they even paid out in tournament money so I decided to keep it and didn't close the tournament because it was already nearing the end of late registration.

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hey all! I was wondering if any of you have won any of the countless free satellites that are available on PokerStars? I have played a lot of those, but have never even got close to winning a seat to the next one. It seems to be a total roulette as there are a lot of players involved, you start with 12.5 BB or so and the blinds increase every 1-2 mins (Hyper, Turbo?). Also, I am beginning to think there is even no point in playing those, as they are a satellite to a satellite to a satellite..... to the real tournament :D
PokerStars has a large selection of tournaments. But any hyper tournaments are just a lottery. If you don't want to waste time, you can just go and buy yourself a lottery ticket. This way you can save at least your time :)

RhinoRyan89

RhinoRyan89

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The freeroll satellites on Pokerstars to the Sunday Millions and Fenomeno which have 25×$11 tickets.

Which advance you to the $11 satellites with 50 seats to the $109 Sunday Millions or Fenomeno are the best.

Can get tickets occasionally just for an 11c add on if get to that stage.

Gl on the grind all and as always see you at the tables.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Yes, I always play these free tournaments because you can't lose them only win if you play very carefully and act right you can easily win these tournaments I constantly win them after I move to another tournament and there I also try to win up to $109 entry into the tournament from free tournaments and it happened more than once but I couldn't win there

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

Usually those type of Hyper Satellites are an All-in or Fold Fest, and there is nothing skilful in winning them, It's just Luck of the draw. I have played slower Freerolls that gave me PS. Money or Seats in other Tournaments. I remember during one Scoop! season I played in one where the top 100 players got $11.00 ticket and the 400 runner ups received a $1.10 Ticket to another game but there was over 8,000 players in them. So really hard work to finish in the top 100.

DarkFore5t

DarkFore5t

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Yes, i have...
Best strategi in my mind is to go all in, every time you have a hand that has about 60+ percent probability to win.
Good luck
Main qimg 1591e7d9bf5a26292b44fe33bc612908 pjlq

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I have won some, but the one I remember the most was many years ago and I think I will never be able to forget it was for a women's tournament, in that free entry to a sat $0.55 to play another sat for $5.5, then in that one $5.5 I won for another $11 sat and in that $11 one I won the tk for the main event which was $55, I passed all those stages, I played very well and just when I won the $55 tk my internet failed, there was no way to solve and just when they took away all my chips (while absent) the internet settled, I still can't forget that the universe conspired against me

ztibor72

ztibor72

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
As far as I remember, I already won such a freeroll, the prize was a tournament ticket.
But this is mainly a matter of luck, as everyone had a fraction of BB at the end.
I only start it when there is another tournament going on.

Poker Tells