Have you ever lost tournaments because of impulsiveness?

ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Whether due to overconfidence or lack of concentration, have you ever lost tournaments because of the impulsiveness?

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
I play(ed) mostly cash - but yes sometimes when short-stacked I just say fu.. it and go all-in with any two cards (especially after a bad beat).

B

bababooey

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yes I remember some hands I had when I was at final table and getting knocked out in 3rd or 7th when running a bluff with complete air and thinking I have been playing 10 hours was that the right thing to do?

Probably a lack of concentration but everyone else must be in the same boat as me and maybe that’s part of the game as I have got lucky on other occasions and won so it all balances out in the end.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yes. Last summer I was at a tournament and think that I was just tired of it and ready to leave so I played a hand that I normally wouldn't have. One of my few lapses since I began playing tournaments over five years ago. :)

userX

userX

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Whether due to overconfidence or lack of concentration, have you ever lost tournaments because of the impulsiveness?
Yes of course. I have lost many times due to haste, emotionality and ill-considered decisions. But it was only in the first months of the game when I did not understand many things. Now I play quite calmly, with concentration and think carefully about every decision I make.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Poker needs aggressiveness, and this is dangerous for the game. There is a risk, but where there isn't a risk! This adds to the game valuable interest and excitement! It is always part of the game!

Pityesz1974

Pityesz1974

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Because of excessive self-confidence, yes. It can be very dangerous if you drive with a significant amount of chips. You play all kinds of cards, and then you notice that hipp-hop equals the job.

P

pokerwais

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I alredy lost some tournaments because off impusivity and little concetration

R.Holynskyi

R.Holynskyi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Lack of concentration. This is a problem. Sometimes it's hard to focus on the game when you have a whole bunch of problems in your personal life. However, when I start playing poker I try to switch off and not think about anything else but the game and my decisions.

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Sometimes it happens that during a game I can change my mood due to external factors, and this of course affects the game, but there were also times when I was determined to win the tournament, but a bad beat always interfered with my plans)

LordMan

LordMan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
I've been there, and it got me thinking about the importance of strategic play. Recently, I started delving into expert reviews, and it's been a game-changer. Understanding different strategies and gaining insights from the pros has significantly boosted my confidence at the tables.

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Absolutely yes!
It's not something that happens all the time... but there are definitely times when after making the play I stop and think:
'Why the hell did I do that'? (regardless of the result).

As long as we stop and are able to recognize these gaps, I believe it is something positive for us to work on and improve in general.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes..

It is always important to thinkitt through and analyze every situation differently

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Impulsive due to tiredness and maybe frustration from bad beats. Some tournaments can last 5 hours of more. I find it difficult to keep up high concentration levels over very long periods of time, especially when almost every hand you play can be crucial.

Baoka

Baoka

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
In the tournament there is no room for impulsiveness

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I have lost many tournaments in many ways, overconfidence, feeling tired, feeling angry when everyone at the table is playing all or nothing, when I lose a play that I am winning I get upset and say ok, take my chips, these are mental things that we must work.

sidd4rt4

sidd4rt4

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
sometimes but when u play frecuently u can moderate those impulses

M

MartinV96

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
Sometimes i found myself in situations of winner tilt, as being too loose when you won a big pot or you are playing well some hands. Have to train that constancy of focus on each hand i play.

ScoobyNL

ScoobyNL

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NL
Chips
No, i just lost in some EPT (also main) because someone raise, i do a big reraise and he goes all in with 77 and i have AA, flop is 7 :(