Have you ever gone more than 10 rounds without seeing equity cards in a tournament?

ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Have you ever had moments in poker where you went several rounds without hitting the flop or seeing equity cards in poker? These situations often cause some problems in position to protect our stack, but we are at a table of aggressive players who raise pre flop in every hand, what would you do in this situation? You can't bluff because your opponents are raising pre-flop in every round, and your hands are of low equity, but we have another problem: you don't receive equity cards for many rounds, your range is weak, you wait for many rounds waiting for equity cards, and when those cards don't hit the flop, it seems like your luck is down this time, the dealer doesn't seem to like you, how do you manage this situation with aggressive opponents?

Last edited:
M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In such cases, I look for situations for bluff resteal all-ins and bluff squeeze all-ins. This way you can maintain your stack with mediocre cards before the flop.

jasioo

jasioo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I often have situations where I don't get good cards for a long time, but I wait patiently because I assume that you can't win a tournament in its initial phase. Secondly, you build your image on the table of a very tight player. And in my opinion your fold equity increases a lot. And when your back is against the wall, you can push with a playable hand and hope that your opponents will fold to you, and collect blinds and ante

ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I often have situations where I don't get good cards for a long time, but I wait patiently because I assume that you can't win a tournament in its initial phase. Secondly, you build your image on the table of a very tight player. And in my opinion your fold equity increases a lot. And when your back is against the wall, you can push with a playable hand and hope that your opponents will fold to you, and collect blinds and ante
I had situations where there was no equity card in my hands, I also didn't hit anything on the flop for many rounds, so I waited and my stack was decreasing considerably, the players at the table were very aggressive making it almost impossible to bluff, it came to a moment of the tournament when the blinds were already high, literally against the wall, where I had to risk marginal hands, resulting in elimination from the tournament, but what could I do about that. I opened this topic because of this situation that happened to me. Your answer is consistent with the strategy I adopted, but it was of no use, as the lack of luck continued until the stack melted.

Last edited: