Have you ever cried after being eliminated from a tournament?

Grzegorz00pl

Grzegorz00pl

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I ask You about Your experience because I want to have a fun playing poker. But last weeks shows something different. After beeing eliminated I felt so much sadness that tears came to my eyes.
Sadness, helplessness, anger - I am not sure what i felt. But it was so not nice.
I was crying yesterday after loosing AA AA AA ang AK - for times in a row (playing spin and go 2 usd - I lost near 20 usd in 10 minutes)
Also today - I have been just now eliminated. I put all my hart in it. And I got no luck.
Are crying sometimes... Guys xD ???

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
A couple times I've felt "gutted". I had gone deep in the Sunday Storm and was ITM for around $1K. The first day was winding down and I could easily have just sat out until the end of the session and be back for day two. Everyone was folding hand after hand. dealt QQ and I thought I'd go for a punt with a 3BB open raise. Sadly, I was up against table chip lead in the BB. He'd been folding generally but often defended his BB. He flatted. Flop is AKQ. (rainbow) BB checks. Pot sized bet with the low set. BB made a big show of whether he would call...running his clock well into the red. eventually flats. Turn is a blank. BB Checks. I check. River is a blank. BB checks. I fugure if he had a bigger set or had hit the straight, villain would have bet. I was wrong. Shoved the river for no good reason. Snap called. Viallain reveals JTo and I'm out. QQQ vs straight to the ace.
I was very disappointed as I rarely get that deep in these large tourneys.

Generally however, I play enough volume that a loss is met with little more than an expletive and I move on.

When you play enough, you realise that even with a decent strategy, some days you just get outdrawn and beaten by variance.
It is easier to shrug it off and move on.

So -- no tears yet.... but ocassional frustration when I make mistakes or get outdrawn.

Take it easy. Manage your bankroll. Go for volume. play either GTO or exploitatively, aggressively...and never forget how to fold.

Cheers,
JT