Have dinner or lunch while playing a tournament, good idea?

pep12343

pep12343

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I understand that eating food causes the work done by the digestive system to cause the need for sleep.
What do you think about this?
Is it better to postpone lunch?
I would like to know your opinion on the subject in question.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Sounds like something one should plan for ahead of the tourney. I'm going to spend a day playing poker I would probably get something light during a scheduled dinner break, but that would be it.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If its a short tournament, its better to prepare and eat prior to playing but I have played in tournaments that last 15+ hours. If you dint eat you will have a problem and there no way around it..

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
If its a short tournament, its better to prepare and eat prior to playing but I have played in tournaments that last 15+ hours. If you dint eat you will have a problem and there no way around it..
Was going to say the same...If you go deep and are busy for half a day sometimes , eat smth
Your mind won't work properly without food which of course ultimately affects your game performance

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I can't play hungry. When I'm hungry, I do stupid things, lose patience and concentration. But you should eat in moderation before the game, and in no case overeat :)

R.Holynskyi

R.Holynskyi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I like to eat while playing. Moreover, I seem to play more patiently when I eat. Usually, before the evening tournaments, I prepare food for myself in advance, in most cases it is 5-7 sandwiches, in addition, I always have cookies, waffles, candies.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
There is something I always did before playing in a big tournament, I would eat a light breakfast of Toast or Cereal, and then a Light lunch of a Burger or sandwich during the game, but only on the Break. Over eating at a lunch break can make you feel tired and can effect your game play, but so can Alcohol, That's why I stay away from Beer and only drink Tea, Coffee or Cola, which are high in Caffeine during a game and look forward to a Pint when I get past the Money bubble or on the Final Table.
Works for me!

C

carvier

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CR
Chips
It is important to choose the food that will give you the most energy and less effort to digest.

pep12343

pep12343

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I just wanted to let you know that your answers are very interesting. In this case I think I will let myself be carried away by those who recommend a light lunch.

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've slept in the tables before because was tired. Would definitely eat dinner or lunch when needed & doubt would sleep in the tables for that.

CataRouillet

CataRouillet

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I have no problem having lunch or dinner while playing poker. It's comfortable either way.

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If I'm playing online I eat my meals as regular. Live poker I have a light meal before and snack during breaks.

Flower2211

Flower2211

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Eating while playing is a good idea, because as you know, food reduces stress levels and helps you relax, which is never a bad thing in poker.

R

Rmi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
When you play for many hours it is inevitable that you are playing while eating, whether at lunch or dinner, but thinking carefully about the plays would not be an impediment.

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
certainly not. Because after meals I get a good sleep, making it difficult to concentrate on the game.

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Normally not, but as they said, if things drag on for a long time it becomes more "complicated" to avoid, in this case I choose something light too

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I like to take my time eating in order to enjoy my food, so I wouldn't eat a meal while playing. I do however eat snacks like maybe walnuts, cashews, raisins, and things like that. I'll eat afterwards. :)

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi :)
I play poker in the evenings after work and often eat while playing. I'm just forced to combine the process of dinner and play, because otherwise I either won't have time to play or I won't have time to eat :)

T

TableFable

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
HU
Chips
Yes , small dinner , small sugar - very good .

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't see anything wrong with eating while playing, but the break is too short for cooking and you need to prepare in advance or ask someone to cook for you!!!

Roobz75

Roobz75

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The games I play on CC usually fall around our evening meals, particularly at the weekend, so there's not much of an option not to eat at a different time.
It's not really a problem from me.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As for Me, better to eat before play in Poker, or when have break time during Game, that more to concentrate only on Poker.
By my opinion, this is ideal option! But sometimes, especially this is a long tournament, wanting to eat and during Game!..

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I can safely have lunch or dinner while playing, but I shouldn't play in bed on my phone because I'm more likely to fall asleep during the tournament.

joan moreno

joan moreno

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I consider that the food consumed while playing a tournament has nothing to do with performance, on the contrary, when playing while hungry it is a problem because it is unfocused.