Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello mates I would like serious advices on how to win these HardChat freerolls: as @dino said in another posts, there are plenty of good players in the Platinum Level, needless to point them all.

My idea is simple, I’m not afraid of anyone knowing my overall plan or the way I play, because I’m here to learn.

The Daily Freerolls:

How to play in the first levels: most of times I’m NIT in the first and second level of blinds playing only premium hands and opening 3x when it comes in fold. Let’s say I play like a NIT in the first and second level of blinds.
On the third level I begin to play more hands, but overall, I’m never playing more than 15% range. Is this ideal?

Example: for the 4th level of blinds and further, having 12-18 BB, can I push/jam preflop with any suited ace? Can I call a jam preflop with any suited ace? Can I push any off-suited ace???

Looking for advices on how to play in each level of CardsChat freeroll and how to play short stacked.
One day, close to the bubble, I folded AQs, for I raised and got a 3-bet short stacked. Is this the correct move?

Weekly and Monthly Freeroll:

I play NIT to the bones until I get to the 4th level of blinds or higher, because there’s no ante. Any range ideas for each level+stack size?
I’m cash player, I’m used to play with deep stack and I feel that in tournaments most of times we are simply jamming because we haven’t enough blinds.
I feel a total fish playing these freerolls.

I intend to crash these freerolls, and my cash game skills are not helping me. Any advice, comment, analysis will be mostly appreciated.

wrzlbrnft

wrzlbrnft

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Have a look in this thread and the videos. Many advices how to play in the different stages of tourneys...

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I think a lot of players actually play more or less the opposite:
Calling behind in the first (1-3) blind levels with speculative hands:
Suited Aces, suited connectors or pocket pairs and hope to hit the board hard.

In general, we are supposed to play push and fold if effective stack is below 15 BBs with ante and 10 BBs without. So starting from 18 BBs is a bit early, in my opinion.

The hands you can jam, the CC course refers to the magic range:
Suited Broadways, suited aces and Pocket pairs. (Of course only as a general rule)

Having the general range in mind, I adapt to my position and stack size. For example I wouldn't jam 33 from UTG for 15 BBs. But definitely from BN with 8 BBs. Just one example. 😊

You can also have a look at the CardsChat course and especially have a look at the section of ranges/MTT stages/push fold play.

Hope that helps.

Silversurfer99

Silversurfer99

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
as andy said, i would play more hands while it`s still cheap..so quite the opposite of your strat..

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Thanks for your attention here.
We must consider CardsChat freeroll as a MTT?

If the daily freeroll was a pokerstars tournament, e.g, paying $ 20, $ 21 dollars to the first place, what would be the buy-in, supposedly?

And the weekly and monthly, using the same analogy above? Thanks!

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Thanks for your attention here.
We must consider CardsChat freeroll as a MTT?

If the daily freeroll was a PokerStars tournament, e.g, paying $ 20, $ 21 dollars to the first place, what would be the buy-in, supposedly?

And the weekly and monthly, using the same analogy above? Thanks!
MTT refers to multi table tournament, so I think this also applies to the CC freerolls, yes.

We usually have around 200 participants in the daily freeroll with a prize pool of $100, so the buy-in would be $0.55 (assuming 10% rake) in my opinion. 🤔

For the weekly, it would be $1.10 with the same logic and the monthly a $3.30 MTT.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
MTT refers to multi table tournament, so I think this also applies to the CC freerolls, yes.

We usually have around 200 participants in the daily freeroll with a prize pool of $100, so the buy-in would be $0.55 (assuming 10% rake) in my opinion. 🤔

For the weekly, it would be $1.10 with the same logic and the monthly a $3.30 MTT.
Thanks a lot mate. You are always helpful and kind!

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
How to play in the first levels: most of times I’m NIT in the first and second level of blinds playing only premium hands and opening 3x when it comes in fold. Let’s say I play like a NIT in the first and second level of blinds.
On the third level I begin to play more hands, but overall, I’m never playing more than 15% range. Is this ideal?
On the contrary, I start playing tight in the middle and late stages of tournaments, and in the very early stages, when the stack is ~ 80-150BB, I often limp and call a lot of min-raises with all broadway, suited connectors with gaps, small pairs, that is, on a fairly wide range.

At an intermediate level, I play partly with the help of the repush chart, and with some fairly strong hands, but not strong enough for repushing, I can call by odds. I consider the middle stage of the tournament to be the one in which the stack is from 30BB to 13BB.

I consider the late stage when the stack is 13BB and below. Then I start playing according to push/fold charts.

But if I see a person who rarely folds after his raise on a relatively wide range, then I can play specifically against him by shoving with any stack, without any raises )))

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the beginning of the game, as well as in tournaments with an entry, you can play with a wide range of hands with small raises. And the deeper the tournament goes, the narrower the range of hands becomes and with small stacks with a good card they push. At the last table, you need to be able to play with a small number of players and one on one.

S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
The only time I made final table in one of CC freerolls was when I played extremely tight start to finish and got lucky with my all-ins when low stacked. Guess that's the recipe at least for me hehe.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
One of the things is that you must be very patient, nobody will make things easy for you, sometimes we draw up a plan and it doesn't turn out as we want, I almost always make my decisions depending on how the game progresses and I see how: when to risk and when no, play thihg when necessary and follow my intuition 100%

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
On the contrary, I start playing tight in the middle and late stages of tournaments, and in the very early stages, when the stack is ~ 80-150BB, I often limp and call a lot of min-raises with all broadway, suited connectors with gaps, small pairs, that is, on a fairly wide range.

At an intermediate level, I play partly with the help of the repush chart, and with some fairly strong hands, but not strong enough for repushing, I can call by odds. I consider the middle stage of the tournament to be the one in which the stack is from 30BB to 13BB.

I consider the late stage when the stack is 13BB and below. Then I start playing according to push/fold charts.

But if I see a person who rarely folds after his raise on a relatively wide range, then I can play specifically against him by shoving with any stack, without any raises )))
Interesting gameplay, thanks for your contribution. You play in the same way when the tournament begin charging ante and when it doesn’t?
Thank you all for helping! I’m reading every single post carefully.

Cheers!

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
all you gotta do is win your flips when big blinds and antes kick in ! its easy if that happens .

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Interesting gameplay, thanks for your contribution. You play in the same way when the tournament begin charging ante and when it doesn’t?
Now basically all tournaments have antes. At least CardsChat freerolls.

In general, when playing with antes, you need to expand the ranges a bit due to pot odds in the early and middle stages of the games.

But for push/fold, you need to expand the ranges more, but most likely all modern push/fold charts have already been calculated for cases with ante, because probably you won't find such tournaments in which there is no ante at the late stage ))

----------------------

By the way, here is the repush chart:

At the top, the columns indicate from which positions the raise was before us. And the numbers in the cells are at what stack (in the BB) we should shove against the raiser.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Now basically all tournaments have antes. At least CardsChat freerolls.

In general, when playing with antes, you need to expand the ranges a bit due to pot odds in the early and middle stages of the games.

But for push/fold, you need to expand the ranges more, but most likely all modern push/fold charts have already been calculated for cases with ante, because probably you won't find such tournaments in which there is no ante at the late stage ))

----------------------

By the way, here is the repush chart:

At the top, the columns indicate from which positions the raise was before us. And the numbers in the cells are at what stack (in the BB) we should shove against the raiser.
Thanks a lot for your attention mate! You are a hard adversary to beat, I’ve seen you at the tables and had lost to you a couple of times.
Maybe I’m wrong but the Weekly and Monthly Freerolls start without ante structure. They begin to count at level 5 or 6, I guess.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Maybe I’m wrong but the Weekly and Monthly Freerolls start without ante structure. They begin to count at level 5 or 6, I guess.
If you dont crash into (atleast ITM-places) in these 2 tournaments tomorrow then ... :unsure:

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
In any case, stacks are still mostly over 30BB at these levels, and one should then look for charts for playing deep stack tournaments for ante and non-ante cases. Basically, these are paid charts, at least they are hard to find in free access ... I play with such stacks without charts, it's just very tight if the stack is less than 60BB. And post-flop mostly based on pot odds...

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
There are some charts in this thread for 40BB stacks:

Last edited:
C

Clutchdenier

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to be diamond level and over the course of 2-3 months made over 20 final tables and won about 7-8.

Play aggressive early and don't be afraid to bluff in spots where opponent is very unlikely to have a nutted hand.

The rest depends on stack size, however if you do become a big stack when there are roughly 50ish players left and 27 places paid - I would slow down and be selective about hands played until the bubble bursts and be selective about the spots you take - I can't count the amount of times i've folded JJ and that range for a 50/50 flip with other big stacks.

Once bubble bursts usually the next 5-15 hands people are looking to jam light and I considered them -ev spota because it was so obvious others would go in with wider ranges and that decreases likelihood of winning the pot even with strong hands in multiway pots.

The final stages, If I have a read on an opponent, the hands I played would be played hard and fast until about final 12 and then start considering ICM and FT theory.

Freeroll Passwords