getting paid in a 109$ tournament?

louuu19

louuu19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
any advice on how to make it to the money in a 109$ buy in tournament?

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Firstly you have to play consistent fundamentally sound poker. You need to be patient, but not passive when you do get a chance to make raises.

Try to avoid any All in situations that are likely to be a coin flip!!

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Part of the success of your poker career is your immediate readiness to play. The better prepared you are and the greater your advantage over the field.Don't forget that participating in tournaments is significantly different from cash games in poker. Although the rules of the game do not change, the fact remains that completely different strategies must be used to participate in tournaments.Playing poker tournaments requires patience and self-discipline.

Canaldo Kao

Canaldo Kao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've already managed to play the tournament of this amount twice without paying anything via satellite, it's all a matter of persistence and believing in your potential!🤜🤛👊

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yeah. Pick a tournament that has a good prize structure, has a format you like and are comfortable with playing, and if possible is not infested with sharks.

userX

userX

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
any advice on how to make it to the money in a 109$ buy in tournament?
It all depends on which tournament you choose for yourself. $109 buy-in tournaments come in a variety of structures. I would prefer the Sunday tournament, as there will be a larger number of players and, accordingly, a larger number of prize places.
In such tournaments, in my opinion, you should take your time and carefully analyze the game of your opponents at the table. Be patient and try not to take risks without good reason.

louuu19

louuu19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You do it by playing the same game that you would in any other tournament. :)
the thing is when the stakes get higher it's hard to play the same game in other tournaments because of the excitement ofwinning big and fear of losing combined, if you got any tips about maintainting your cool i would be grateful :)

It all depends on which tournament you choose for yourself. $109 buy-in tournaments come in a variety of structures. I would prefer the Sunday tournament, as there will be a larger number of players and, accordingly, a larger number of prize places.
In such tournaments, in my opinion, you should take your time and carefully analyze the game of your opponents at the table. Be patient and try not to take risks without good reason.
Totally agree, although being picky with hands is hard because getting a good hand and an opponent that calls is less likely to happen

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
the thing is when the stakes get higher it's hard to play the same game in other tournaments because of the excitement ofwinning big and fear of losing combined, if you got any tips about maintainting your cool i would be grateful :)
Don't think about the money. Focus on the game.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Last time I lost with AA , the other had a set of 5s . Another time my JJs lost to AA early in the tournament. In another 109$ tourney my over pair QQ lost to a set of 10s . He had a set on flip I couldn't fold on the river with such a board

So SM kind of tourneys are very hard , the variance is crazy , the RNG tried to f*** you all the time . So to even mini cash there. That's so hard . At least for me .