Gamblers ruining poker

S

spider9

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi I've played poker for maybe 10 years but I'm seriously thinking about quitting due to these gamblers, I have seen players opening with garbage hands and hitting monsters. Going all in with absolutely nothing etc and hitting,getting lucky, You play these hands when your're way ahead, You know what I mean and then get ****** on the river. Although, I agree that in the long run these players will not take down big tournaments and big prizes playing this loose and bad but I'm just sick of getting these bad beats,when you meet these players and get ****** because of the rng just decides to flop these players these hands. I mean I've seen pros getting kicked out early in tournaments by a new player. So the questing is, is poker just a game of luck? Nowadays I believe that is the case.

Gyry

Gyry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In every game there is definitely some luck. I think that for the best result (possible gain) our task is to reduce the risk that the opponent will be lucky. In fact, we play against luck and try to reduce its possible participation. Of course this does not always work. You need to improve the game, try new strategies, new tactics or improve old ones. Do not despair my friend. What is our life - a game!
And I think that most of these players you see only in freerolls. There is a common thing. In a normal money game, I doubt that you will meet such savages.

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I see where you are coming from. It is frustrating to play against this type of player, when there is no logic involved. But it makes the game interesting and can result in winning a lot when your hands are holding. Take a little break( not worth playing if it is driving you crazy) and come back and make some adjustments in how you play this type of player. Good luck.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with you. The game has evolved into a gamble game of sorts. I am seeing this strategy a lot as of late. Taking the skill away and leaning towards a luck game. The way these players play there cards post flop is where the skill comes into play. I am seeing the pros gamble huge stacks with holdings I would’ve folded a couple years ago. I guess they figure if they double or triple up they will have a big stack or they will rebuy. Playing this way is a risk vs reward strategy. It definitely can be risky. But then again, if it pays off they may be on there way to a big win. Definitely can be frustrating flopping the nuts and players chase (calling bets that should be a clear fold) runner runner and hit it on the river then they blast the river on you. Sometimes we must take a break or change gears. Adapting to the new age game is difficult but necessary to progress.

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is why people say the game has gotten harder. Because of online, twitch, TV and other poker resources, everyone knows the basic numbers of everything. Everyone now knows that AK vs any other two cards is almost 60/40. I don't think the game is unbeatable though. You just have to find new ways to to win.

Last edited:
Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For example, if the table is 1-2 Fiesch is a Paradise for a good player, but if the table 4-5 fish it is hell, each hand fly pushes and all-ins, and when you fly 2 all-ins do you think that it probably eats a strong hand and you sprasivaet A10. AJ. AQ. 1010. JJ. you think that against the two all-in you can not resist, but in the end it turns out these fish shove some J7 or K5, and you realize that could triple, and such hands a lot, it's really annoying

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like many people, I recognise the issue.
But:
1) all poker players are gamblers;)
2) most maniaks fly out in the first half of a tournament, so there is hope for us:)
3) study, study, study to find a way how to play these very agressive players

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi I've played poker for maybe 10 years but I'm seriously thinking about quitting due to these gamblers, I have seen players opening with garbage hands and hitting monsters. Going all in with absolutely nothing etc and hitting,getting lucky, You play these hands when your're way ahead, You know what I mean and then get ****** on the river. Although, I agree that in the long run these players will not take down big tournaments and big prizes playing this loose and bad but I'm just sick of getting these bad beats,when you meet these players and get ****** because of the rng just decides to flop these players these hands. I mean I've seen pros getting kicked out early in tournaments by a new player. So the questing is, is poker just a game of luck? Nowadays I believe that is the case.
A lot of stack size depending aggressive blind stealing gap concept play happens in poker
Hands that you call with at times are not as big a favourite as people think example below.
June week 2

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot of stack size depending aggressive blind stealing gap concept play happens in poker
Hands that you call with at times are not as big a favourite as people think example below.
View attachment 223325

Nothing is more tilting then being at the table of the guy who plays everyhand preflop by shoving. You know he is shoving garbage and finally have a decent hand which you are surely ahead on.

Call with AKs and get sent to the rail by 23o :eek:

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think online poker is more like a game of luck! I once again experienced what you're talking about!! The player who sat to my right, with whatever hand came, all the time I won! No theory of probability is not to explain, I understand 3 defeats, well, 4 defeats in a row, well, all times-it's too much!

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Complaining about having too many bad players, is like complaining about having too much money.

F

fernando21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing is more tilting then being at the table of the guy who plays everyhand preflop by shoving. You know he is shoving garbage and finally have a decent hand which you are surely ahead on.

Been there and ...lamentably.... done that. :D

demibar

demibar

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
In the end gamblers ,will lose yes its annoying to hit over and over these garbage hands they
shoved but in this case patience will reward you

proud2Bwhack

proud2Bwhack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dont quit if you enjoy it, those gamblers will not last.
and they are your chance to double up early, if you are playing top hands your luck will find you.

Joco413

Joco413

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I assume you are talking about freerolls. Otherwise it's rare that anyone would just casually all in with terrible hands. Also I don't think you can generalize these players as "gamblers", because bettors differ as much as poker players do.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Each one has freedom to play like a mind sport (amateurs or pros) or simply gambling with better odds than the most of gambling games.

G

gwj63

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some poker players will tell you that's what they want to play against.
I guess it just depends.

M

Misticblair

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Gamblers cannot ruin the poker. Poker evolved to grind cash from gamblers, be serious dude. It's like saying that you have a huge edge on someone and still blame that he can be lucky once in a blue moon. :D

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Should not be tilting, just be patient.

It's easy math playing against and all-in monkey.
Only play top hands.
It does increase variance, but you are forced to accept that.
The good news is: on average your stacksize increases significantly.

S

spider9

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Ok new strategy: I'm gonna play every hand I hope to get lucky, let's see what happens :D

I assume you are talking about freerolls. Otherwise it's rare that anyone would just casually all in with terrible hands. Also I don't think you can generalize these players as "gamblers", because bettors differ as much as poker players do.

I'm not a high roller but still I think you at some level you should be able to play a good game

Last edited by a moderator:
ironduke11

ironduke11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can definitely identify with the frustration,
I suppose this is due to how differently people see the game.

for some it is fun and a wild bit of interacting with the luck of the universe or some other ethereal pursuit

for others it is a noble studious carefully thought through endeavor that reinforces their self of self and superiority...the results being an indicator of this

after some experience most people fall into the middle ground somewhere where they realise 1) its a game, 2) like all games there are things that happen that cant be predicted and that's what makes it a game.

each hand comes with a percentage...sometimes you can be on the wrong side of the percentage that's just what it is...

id be very surprised however if all the Brazilians and Russians and the occasional Canadian donkeys get consistent results with the style they play however.

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am ****ing angry a lot of times. Yesterday lost with QQ vs JJ, Jack came in river, omg, hitting 2 outer in the river. I was really angry. I have lost a lot of times with a better hand than other players.

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So the questing is, is poker just a game of luck? Nowadays I believe that is the case.

Poker has always been a game about luck. Luck plays a factor for sure. But skill is always more prevelant amongst your winning pros.

Luck can only get you so far. You can get lucky and flop the world but how are you going to get max value out of it is where the skill comes in.

Picking up the small pots when you have no cards so you can gamble against a short stack is where the skill factors in.

Poker is not just a game of luck. It is about statistics, odds and percentages more so and knowing when to do certain things.

It has been that way for a while too.

Perceval

Perceval

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with you but don't forget these players think they are playing 'aggresive'....and they think they are good players because some of us fold better cards ....
And if the luck ( or not ) come inside....

Related Gambling Guides: AU Gambling - CA Gambling - UK Gambling - NZ Gambling - Online Gambling