Freerolls vs Micro MTTs (MTT for Beginners)

Gulas

Gulas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yesterday I won my first real money tournament for $115.00 using the exact strategies I honed in the freerolls.
I also do a ton of poker homework and strategy and hand analysis off the table to improve my game. Sorry this was so long, I'm new here:)

Mind if you could elaborate your strategy?

For me, it's not very difficult to gain a few cents from freerolls. Though after I secure a few cents, I say "f**k it", and start playing badly. Also, the blinds are getting big at this stage, I can feel it "eating me". Then I get eliminated, usually with a "ah f**k it, all in".

Still figuring it out how to solve this.

rckstr2b

rckstr2b

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mind if you could elaborate your strategy?

For me, it's not very difficult to gain a few cents from freerolls. Though after I secure a few cents, I say "f**k it", and start playing badly. Also, the blinds are getting big at this stage, I can feel it "eating me". Then I get eliminated, usually with a "ah f**k it, all in".

Still figuring it out how to solve this.

First off, to me it sounds like you’re playing off feeling, not strategy. I used to do the same. It’s horribly ineffective online I’ve found.
You gotta look deeper, for instance you said you get nervous and unsure what to do when you’re short stacked. That’s literally 2/3 of the tournament. I could tell you a bunch of strategies, but that won’t help until you get used to practicing off the tables.
GL to you tho

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
Some great advises here. Basically play up to your bankroll and ability. If you have bankroll don't play freerolls.

Freeroll Passwords