Freerolls, good way to learn or ?

C

CourtJester

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pros and Cons like anything else. I think your concerns are valid.

People always play differently when they have skin in the game, i.e. something to lose.

Overall, Freerolls are a great way for you to find faults in YOUR game. Maybe you pushed all in with trips and your opponent calls with a straight that you didn't notice was possible. Way better to learn that on a freeroll!

mardi1987

mardi1987

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
I have over 2000 freeroll tournaments played. I play poker because I love it and when I get into the freeroll I play it like I paid the entrance fee. It's good for building bankrolls but not very good for nerves. My nerves are good so I don't have a hard time losing to AK vs K2 or KK vs JJ. I haven't played a lot of games where the entrance fee is paid, but what I played isn't much different from a freeroll tournament

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It's good to play freerolls in the early stages of development. Train your nerves, show the injustice of the RNG, and develop discipline. When people have nothing to lose at first they just play for luck in order to build up the stack and you have to be prepared that your pocket AA will lose by 10 2 offsuit. At the later stage of the tournament, it is a different matter, they play there more carefully and restrained. In tournaments for a fee, you need to be prepared that they also have their own limit regulars.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Freerolls are indeed good way to learn ...

... How you shouldn't play (MTT's) ...

Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cc freerols are pretty good, but freerolls in general are like playmoney tournaments and deceiving of your level...

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
You are right - the skill level in freerolls is usually not very high. But I personally think that every hand and every freeroll you play is a kind of practice. Maybe you can try a different style. Maybe you can try to pay more attention or learn to calculate pot odds and stuff like that. What is beter than to practice for free? I always wanted to play as much poker as possible.

N

nutself

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Without freerolls, practicing poker would be expensive for many players, and freerolls are very good tools for recruiting new players for poker sites too.

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not only are they great for new players, they are also great for veteran players who choose not to deposit onto poker sites... As a "free" American (LOL), I am only able to play on two sites these days, but on both of them I have been able to take the few dollars won in the freerolls and then "run it up" into a significant bankroll.

So NEVER look down upon freerolls. If you're rich, then sure, there are much faster ways to get a large bankroll by depositing, but I chose to take the slower method, which for myself is also the much-more-satisfying method... grinding it up the hard way. :D Best wishes!!

V

vituzikas

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are good to learn the basics, but if you want to get more advanced I would suggest to play micro stakes, because in freeroll tournaments people make crazy decisions since they have nothing to loose

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Another question is that you will be wasting your time, which also has value :) Most people play freerolls like play money. From the point of view of gaining experience that will help you in the future when playing for real money, there is a minimum of it in freerolls.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls are very different in play from all other games. They should not be taken as an example for learning.

C

cowboybebop

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls are an amazing way to learn,but the difference between freerolls and cash games is huge,so if you want to learn how to play tournaments definently learn from playing freerolls,but if you want to be good at cash games thats a whole different story.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Can freerolls teach you how to play MTTs ? Yes if you are new to poker. Can they harm your game if you are already a decent player ? I don't think so since poker is a game of adaptation and you already know you are playing a freeroll, so it's up to you to read the dynamic of any table you find yourself at.
PS : CC freerolls are not as soft as any other freerolls out there.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Drop the L in learn and just Earn every dollar counts an example from one day today only played 8 or 9 games and freerolls avoided buy ins as tired after work and work again in morning not on my A game.
Busted most of the games I played no loss anxiety there unlike the higher stakes though always the next free games to play if fail to cash.

$1.35 on pokerstars in a freeroll,
86beeb6afcb777323580e9bb2cd37f2c.png

$4.20 won on 888 using 2 $1 and 2 free 10 cent blast tickets from daily free spins the last week or two spinning the wheel every day.
8c7072d581311e567d7ad026ba0327d9.png

$2.56 GGPoker free daily spin 25 cent battle royal win.
c906dee461623c234bff07f21ad7091d.jpg

While it is not much for a day $8 for example think long term when you do this day in day out for a year at least a $1000 bankroll if read this thread for example.
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/pok...hat-freerolls-2021-a-476030/?highlight=edison

Edison only covers CardsChat freerolls no mention of all the other types of games like the ones I posted pictures of.
Day in day out over the year could be over $2000 easily for what opening an extra screen while playing your normal buy in games?:deal:

10 years = $00000s:icon_scra worth of play it adds up to quite a lot of money without any risk and it is fun to try and run it up in buy in games afterwards.
And if lose it in buy ins no worries just rinse and repeat get a good volume of freerolls in over the long term.:)
Edit another $1.10 into the freeroll - much appreciated thanks CardsChat.:icon_thum

Last edited by a moderator:
daddybrooks

daddybrooks

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
100% freerolls are good experience. You need to have experience playing the full range of players. Like stated above, you can't count on people playing premium hands, they'll toss all in with 10,2 and sometimes beat your K's/A's etc. Just remember it's free, nothing to lose and if you play solid, getting your chips in good, you'll overall do well.

A

Asianlevis501

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When do I start playing tight on freeroll?? After the frist break

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls are good to learn the basics, but in freeroll tournaments people make crazy decisions since they have nothing to lose.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi,

Been playing freerolls a bunch lately.

Do you think freerolls can teach you bad habits due to the style of play
or are they a good way to learn about MTT play?
Inadequate play of opponents People love when they get something for free, and participation in a poker tournament is no exception. Because of this, thousands, and sometimes tens of thousands of people are registered in such events. They will go all-in against you on any two cards, there are no strategies and tactics here. Do not look for logic in the actions of your opponents, it simply does not exist.Despite the fact that the freeroll is played by thousands of people, you have a chance to win real money. They can be used to play low buy-in tournaments or ha-cash tables. Thus, winning freerolls can be the starting point for the start of your poker career.

R

richmaen

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Help me with freerolls)

I have over 2000 freeroll tournaments played. I play poker because I love it and when I get into the freeroll I play it like I paid the entrance fee. It's good for building bankrolls but not very good for nerves. My nerves are good so I don't have a hard time losing to AK vs K2 or KK vs JJ. I haven't played a lot of games where the entrance fee is paid, but what I played isn't much different from a freeroll tournament

Dou you get me recommendations how play freerolls with 1000players?

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my opinion, freerolls are a great way to learn the basics of the game. By playing freerolls you do not risk your own money, and in fact you gain valuable experience and knowledge for free. In addition, I believe that any patient player can build a bankroll by playing in freerolls.

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi,

Been playing freerolls a bunch lately.

Do you think freerolls can teach you bad habits due to the style of play
or are they a good way to learn about MTT play?

Freerolls are not a good way to learn to play poker, but I would say playing freeroll is a good experience.

L

Laddys

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are a good way to wait out the downstrike so as not to lose your money ... there are times when you flirt and want to play allin and this is such a convenient way to play all-in))))

JordanH

JordanH

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only problem with freerolls is that you get a lot of folks who just don't care whether they win or lose. That means their play can be really nonsensical. So learning from freerolls can be a little (a lot) confusing when just starting out.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are a great opportunity to hone your skills.

Freeroll Passwords