pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Of course, freerolls are very good to start, especially if you are new, that can help you to get an idea of ​​how the game is without investing money from your pocket, besides giving you the opportunity to earn money without paying to play

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are the best for beginners. You can gain experience and find out how you like this poker tournament. so you lose less your money in the beginning.but at the same time, playing a freeroll is very different from playing for money.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Almost everyone started their poker career with a freeroll. It is better to try to play not with your own money first so that you know the reality of the game of poker. Here you can play freely.Of course, playing freerolls is different from gambling.

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, why would not it be? Worst would be that they get into real money games. A freeroll is something free, you have margin for error

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The freerolls are excellent for beginners, because they represent 0 risk, do not run the risk of losing money.
I freerolls at first are more like a bingo or lottery, but more as the tournament progresses, players are left top, and the level increases.
Cardschat is the best choice to form a bank from 0.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The utility

The free roll is most suitable for a beginner, but It provides with useful information of a cash game almost no.
Only a final table or a semifinal table provides a cash game with useful information.

B

BDR-83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are very good for everyone especially for those with an empty bank. Good luck to you.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Benego! The freerolls are good for beginners, of course. Why not?!.
Only every time go to all-in is not good idea! If only You want to play for fun...
Then Welcome! If You want to build an initial bankroll with zero, then better
to think and work above quality your play... But this is only my advice.
Anyway, You decide, how to play!.. Good Luck!;):):D

lanelane

lanelane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The truth, as always, is in the middle.
On the one hand, a freeroll is good because you can't lose money. On the other hand, it is not good to get used to the style of play of freerolls, as this can cause many problems later if you want to move on to cash tables or MTT.

Last edited:
armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I keep playing freerolls to improve my skills. It's also a good motivation to win some money.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion its best for completely new players to start on play money cash tables, until they have learned the fundamentals like hand ranking and reading boards. Like for instance understanding, that AQ beat 44, when the board runout is 88966. Making that kind of rookie mistakes in real money games is both costly and unnessesary.

Freerolls on the other hand are not a very good learning tool, because most of them are hyper turbos, which mean, that they quickly enter a push-or-fold stage, where all the play is or at least should be preflop. Play is also often fairly crazy early on, which to be fair can also be said for play money tables.

After play money cash tables, I recommend proceeding to real money cash tables, where most sites still offer stakes as low as 2NL. When you beat these as well, you have a good foundation for moving to tournaments, if you prefer that game format.

Now all that being said, if the poker site offer a freeroll, there is obviously no harm in playing it. But they are not a very good learning tool, and if you spend to much time and effort hunting around for them on different poker sites, you are not spending your time in a very efficient way.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I wanna all-in on freerolls next month and see if i can win some, is that good for beginners?

When you say 'all-in' on freerolls, do you mean hit them hard or shove lots whilst playing them? :D

I think freerolls are a good place for new players to gain some experience and to practice strategies, yes, but I don't think one should spend too much time playing only freerolls (purely CC freerolls would probably be ok) because you'll be likely to pick up bad habits by adjusting to the play and you won't always get the same kind of responses to your play as you would at buy in games.

My recommendation would be to utilise freerolls but aim to be playing micros as soon as you have the bankroll & confidence in your game to do so. Work up from there.

Cheers & the best of luck.

D

Dimitris

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
IMHO freerolls is the best option for starters. Play money is also an option but why bother playing when there is no price or value to your time. Starters should play freerolls to build a good bankroll so they can jump to the real money games. The mindset must be (I try my best to get out of the freerolls as quickly as possible), Also as your self why risk money when there is an option of winning money without risking money

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
IMHO freerolls is the best option for starters. Play money is also an option but why bother playing when there is no price or value to your time. Starters should play freerolls to build a good bankroll so they can jump to the real money games. The mindset must be (I try my best to get out of the freerolls as quickly as possible), Also as your self why risk money when there is an option of winning money without risking money

The issue with only playing freerolls is, that unless you get lucky and win one quickly, it is going to take forever, before you can start playing games, where you actually learn something. So in my opinion it will delay your development as a poker player.

But I can understand it, if you are from a poor country, and taking even 60-100$ out of your payroll is a big deal. For people, who can afford it, I will however recommend making a deposit to get started much faster.

The reason to play play money games is to develop your skills. It will admittedly only take you a piece of the way, but its still better than playing freerolls, where quickly you find yourself with a 2-3 BB stack, because the structure is completely ridiculous.

The Cardschat freerolls are different, but I am taking about the general freerolls, which everyone can play. Also most of the good Cardschat freerolls are for freeroll club members only.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are perfect to get a bankroll going.
After that, use bank roll management and never look back.

Note: the CC freerolls are not considered freerolls in the above, but reamin worthwhile playing for quite a while.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Distance and discipline are important for a novice player. as for an experienced player

Aldorabe

Aldorabe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wanna all-in on freerolls next month and see if i can win some, is that good for beginners?
Too good if you are active in the forum, to measures that are more active more password for tournament you will also have access this much better the debates that are armed

chilindrodolar

chilindrodolar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To begin with, the best thing you can do is play free games without investing any money. In this you have three options: normal tables with play money, free tournaments and freeroll tournaments.
The normal tables do not recommend for nothing. Can be used to test a little, but they are too uncertain, because people do not take it seriously and bet without meaning. This is because the fund is unlimited, and if your chips or money you just have to re upload it.
Then you have free tournaments in which there are tournaments that you can learn and it is a good idea to begin with. Those who recommend are the MTT (Multi-Table) of 50 people. In these tournaments with a little practice is very easy to reach the final table.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They are the best for someone who starts playing, you gain a lot of experience, you learn from your mistakes, you learn to know plays that sometimes you have no idea where they came from because you face great players, you learn to bluff, and if you have a little luck, you can even earn money by learning if you suddenly do very well in a tournament, so yes, I think freeroll is the best thing to start ;)

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Read poker literature and and play the first micro-Bains and develop their playing skills.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
People underate the power of freerolls. I think freerolls can teach more than they can imagine.

ironduke11

ironduke11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
they are good to a degree...its like the first step on a ladder...
the play and the feel of other games is vastly different....be wary of expecting the games to be the same as freerolls as you step up...

L

lierm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freerolls are good not only for the beginners. What they say about beginning of the tournament is true, once you go through those crazy all ins, the game becomes more stable and poker gods play less of a role there :)

P

pacificatorul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Absolutely. Build your bankroll and skill without investing money. Also you can try play money games, besides freerolls

Freeroll Passwords