Are freerolls even worth it?

linf

linf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is an ordinary pyramid. someone is at the bottom of the pyramid and plays freerolls, someone plays 5-10-20 bucks and so on. But there are always more buyers of cheap goods, you just are not one of them))

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you don't have any money in your account and are trying to build a bankroll, then yes, freerolls are worth playing. You say that you spent four hours playing a freeroll to win $20. If you didn't have any money in your account, then you would probably consider it time well spent. Even if you had let's say $40 in your account, then that extra $20 would be very welcome, and again it was probably worth the time spent to earn it. On the other hand, if you are bankrolled for $50NL cash games, then playing freerolls might not be worth the time and effort. But as others have pointed out above, playing freerolls might be a good way to keep your skills sharp. Then again, the level play in a lot of freerolls might bring your level of play down, unless of course we're talking about the CardsChat freerolls, which are also a good opportunity to rub elbows, figuratively speaking, with your fellow forum members.

igroksash

igroksash

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls are a great opportunity to play without investing funds and it is possible to win something.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everything is very simple here, if you want money, play, if you don't want to, don't play.Free cheese only in a mousetrap.

W

woodeng

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You would never play a free roll for the money, you would only play for the entertainment . . .

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just spent 4 hours to win $20. It doesn't even seem freerolls are worth it most of the time. You grind for hours to maybe place top 5 out of 500 people and win 10 bucks. Thoughts?
even so to my knowledge there are the best freerolls here on cc !! But with one hint, you can trigger that 4 hour in 1 second! ;)

deputat777

deputat777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Initially, all regulars started out with freerolls, so this is a step up.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It is always worth investing time playing freerolls because the only thing you are going to invest is time and most of the freerolls are turbocharged, but I tell you something that happened to me years ago: one day I decided to play a tournament in pokerstars, I remember that the buy In it was $ 0.55, I spent a large part of the tournament in 1st place, after more than 8 hours playing I was eliminated, I do not remember well from which place I was eliminated, but it was something like top 100, and I only received $ 5 after being 8 hours playing, which tournament do you think was worth playing? Perhaps the investment of money was very low, but the time I invested playing was a lot, from that day on I better analyze what I was going to play in terms of investment of time

L

Lexand

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In addition to not winning anything, we can still lose when we pay to play a tournament.
So yes, the freerolls are very worthwhile, as we don't pay anything to play and we can still earn some money. Where else are we going to improve our skills without paying anything ??

M

MickGreed

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like warming up, or just bored and good way to learn patience

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are one of the ways to get at least some real money to play. Another question is what will you spend your time on this, which also has value :) From the point of view of gaining experience that will help you in the future when playing for real money, it is at a minimum in freerolls. Most people do play for money, not like in freerolls.

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
yes, it's really worth it, especially for me that i don't have a bankroll!

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a limit on my deposits so for half a month my account is empty and I have no choice but to play freerolls in the hope of winning something.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You just made $20 appear out of thin air,,,for playing an enjoyable game (esp when your winning,,,) and now have the opportunity to win much more,,, :deal: Winning and not feeling good about it,maybe it's time to play something else.Winning is supposed to be fun. :)

sarjdgo

sarjdgo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, they offer a posibility of win something without a buy in.

But if you are already playing at mid-high levels and winning, you can think twice what is better to worth in aspects of your time

I

iLoV3P0ker

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you think you are poor and you have $0 amount in your bank account and no food in fridge so you can try freeroll to get food and beer and money.

Freeroll Passwords